New (old) pc displaying video when botting but not after boot

Eatz

I recently found myself with some extra components laying around and decided it was time for my little siblings to get a PC and start getting into pc gaming instead of just using their phones.
i threw this together:
AMD A10-6800k
Gigabyte GA-F2A78M-HD2
xfx rx 580 4gb 
1x8gb stick of hyper x 1600mhz cl 13 ddr3
a 500w evga 80+ rated psu
and some random SSD i dont remember but i know it works

now as for the issue.
weve been gaming together with it for about a month now and decided he should try CSGO
During first time setup i see its trying to install direct X for the first time and then i see his screen flicker and the taskbar flicker a few times.
then CSGO opened and the taskbar wouldnt go away, windows wouldnt restart, task manager wouldnt open, and eventually we just held down the power button to restart.
now it gets to the boot screen, does the little windows 10 spinny dot thing and the goes black once it boots, then "Nod HDMI Signal" on the monitor and it goes to sleep and doesnt wake back up..
ive tried different gpus, ram, and the iGPU and got the same results.
did windows just decided to die because of directx? or maybe something could be dead (all components i tried with were tested and worked in other systems so this makes no sense to just randomly die.

Have you tried to get the system to boot into safe mode? This would confirm if it's just some some bad drivers/software. If that doesn't work, maybe try just wiping the Windows install and seeing if it works again? I've seen less corrupt a Windows install. As for it just randomly dying, it is pushing 10 years old, and hardware does just die sometimes.

Just now, RONOTHAN## said:

Have you tried to get the system to boot into safe mode? This would confirm if it's just some some bad drivers/software. If that doesn't work, maybe try just wiping the Windows install and seeing if it works again? I've seen less corrupt a Windows install. As for it just randomly dying, it is pushing 10 years old, and hardware does just die sometimes.

i have the drive in my desktop NAS right now looking through the files, considering throwing it in a VM to see what it does.

As mentioned above, reboot into safe mode and restore to the date prior to installing direct x. 

If you can’t restore, uninstall direct y manually.