Highest hot spot temperature for a RTX 3080.

Kpanga

Hi, i tried googling but i couldn't find any information. What is the highest hot spot GPU temperature for a Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080. My GPU core is running at 70c, but the hot spot is at 92-93c and the VRAM at 96-98c with the fans at 50% so i can sleep and let it mine so i can recoup some money mining when i am not using the pc. If i turn the fans to 75 the hot spot goes down to 84c more or less, just to give an idea.

Are these temperatures acceptable? i know they are not ideal, but i just want to know if they are within specs.

8 minutes ago, Kpanga said:

Hi, i tried googling but i couldn't find any information. What is the highest hot spot GPU temperature for a RTX 3080. My GPU core is running at 70c, but the hot spot is at 92-93c and the VRAM at 96-98c with the fans at 50% so i can sleep and let it mine so i can recoup some money mining when i am not using the pc. If i turn the fans to 80 the hot spot goes down to 88c more or less, just to give an idea.

Are these temperatures acceptable? i know they are not ideal, but i just want to know if they are within specs.

they definitely are. my gaming x trio runs pretty much around the same temps when gaming at 100% usage so you're good however if your gpu manufacturer has a low temp bios like mine does download it because using the msi low temp bios decreased my gpu core temp from 80 to 70 at max and my memory doesnt even exceed the 90 mark when im gaming and when it does it really just reaches 92 at max 

43 minutes ago, Kpanga said:

Hi, i tried googling but i couldn't find any information. What is the highest hot spot GPU temperature for a RTX 3080. My GPU core is running at 70c, but the hot spot is at 92-93c and the VRAM at 96-98c with the fans at 50% so i can sleep and let it mine so i can recoup some money mining when i am not using the pc. If i turn the fans to 80 the hot spot goes down to 88c more or less, just to give an idea.

On Pascal, hot spot was a fixed delta that would not change as this was hardwired in firmware.  This delta varied from 1070, 1080 and 1080 Ti cards.

I am not sure about Turing however.

On Ampere (3080/3090), hotspot delta has a minimum cap of 10C on air but has been known to go as low as 8C (on some vbioses) on water/custom loops, and cannot go lower.  

On air, ideal (perfect) delta is between 10C to 12C when gaming, and up to 14C when mining (<400W TDP).  "Average" acceptable delta is 12-15C when gaming and <16C when mining.

A core to core hotspot delta higher than 14C when gaming means there is a possible thermal paste integrity issue, or a lack of proper heatsink contact pressure on the GPU core (which can be anything from degraded paste, improper paste or coverage, too thin thermal paste (this is bad on a convex / non flat die) or too thick thermal pads (which can interfere with core contact and hotspots are affected most by this).

A delta higher than 20C needs immediate attention.