Help my Chrome is at 75% cpu usage when im doin nothing

Somebody_
36 minutes ago, TheBean said:

when was the last time you restarted your computer?

what cpu do you have?

how much ram do you have?

is chrome up to date?

I have a ryzen 7 4800h and 16 gigs of ram

Sounds like a bad extension (either broken or actually malicious) and/or some sort of browser malware. Some malicious websites and extensions actually have CPU miners as well.

In Chrome, press Shift+ESC. This will bring up the Chrome Task Manager, which will allow you to see what resources each tab or extension is using. See if there's anything crazy there, and either uninstall the extension or stop going to that website.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

27 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

Sounds like a bad extension (either broken or actually malicious) and/or some sort of browser malware. Some malicious websites and extensions actually have CPU miners as well.

In Chrome, press Shift+ESC. This will bring up the Chrome Task Manager, which will allow you to see what resources each tab or extension is using. See if there's anything crazy there, and either uninstall the extension or stop going to that website.

There's nothing crazy in the chrome task manager

did you want to give any more info like what browser or OS or what hardware or what youve done thus far for diagnostics

Run anti-malware scan. Try a clean install of a portable browser version to a different folder.

Take a screenshot of the running process in task manager and post here.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

*** Threads merged ***

Please don't post multiple times about same subject.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv