Weird super queit ticking noise coming from crap psu

xFireLegendx138
Go to solution Solved by xFireLegendx138,

I'm just going to order a new one, it is causing me a ton of problems anyway and May well just get a reliable and decent just like the ROG STRIX 750W 80+ PLUS GOLD I think I might go for. Thank you for trying to help everyone I'm just going to order that new one!

So I've gone for around 30 minutes and when coming back my psu has made a really queit ticking/clicking noise. I've done research and mostly saying my PSU is failing. Now it is a cheap psu and when I turned it off it made a horrible clicking noise at the end at a little noiser sound. Now I am getting a new one in a month and the last thing I want is my gpu dieng so is it worth it to wait a month just to get my new one the model is Builder 600w you'll find it on the internet

1 minute ago, xFireLegendx138 said:

I've done research and mostly saying my PSU is failing

You havent done a good job of that, its most likely the fan.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, Mel0nMan said:

I would recommend buying a new one ASAP. Failing PSUs can kill other things.

Yeah I will order a new one on Friday. Thank you for helping!

1 minute ago, Levent said:

You havent done a good job of that, its most likely the fan.

Do you think it'll be OK if I use it any longer. As I said the last thing I want happening is my gpu dieng

2 minutes ago, xFireLegendx138 said:

Do you think it'll be OK if I use it any longer. As I said the last thing I want happening is my gpu dieng

Depends what the issue is. If it's a fan then you should be fine. If it's failing hardware then it could take your entire system down with it.

Only you can decide if the risk is worth a week of gaming.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

use something to stop the PSU fan from spinning and see if the ticking goes away.  If it's the fan?  You're probably fine until the new PSU arrives.

38 minutes ago, tkitch said:

use something to stop the PSU fan from spinning and see if the ticking goes away.  If it's the fan?  You're probably fine until the new PSU arrives.

I sometimes think the psu fan sometimes doesn't even spin and that's why when I first got my gpu it crashed several times and this was the first time my psu fan actually spun tbph

I'm just going to order a new one, it is causing me a ton of problems anyway and May well just get a reliable and decent just like the ROG STRIX 750W 80+ PLUS GOLD I think I might go for. Thank you for trying to help everyone I'm just going to order that new one!

ROG Strix is a to expensive Seasonic Focus. Not worth the money. There are better units available for less money.