Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Monitor goes to sleep in the middle of gaming, please help

Hello, im having issues with my monitor randomly going to sleep even when actively using the PC and frustratingly including in the middle of online gaming, and would really appreciate any help given.
so my setup is as follows

Nvidia gtx 1050ti ( 1 Display Port, 1 HDMI, 1 Dvi-D)
Intel U series which has no igpu, which makes Mobo HDMI port useless

Denon AVR-1312 HDMI, Coax, Digital Audio, Mini jack inputs
Samsung Monitor with just HDMI and VGA
Elac bookshelf speakers
Subwoofer

so basicly im trying to maximize my speaker's sound quality without sacrificing too much of video quality, right now i've tried doing this:
1. Connect GPU DisplayPort to HDMI Monitor slot, using DP to HDMI Conversion cable
2. Connect GPU HDMI port to AVR HDMI Input
3. Set multiple displays and put them into Duplicate both in windows and nvidia control panel
4. Made sure refresh rate set at 60hz both on Monitor and PC settings, since the avr cant take more than that.
5. Set everything not to sleep after idle
i've also tried setting it to Extend and set the avr resolution 720p, but the mouse cursor can go missing beyond display and it bothers me a lot.

What is exactly am i doing wrong here ? ive been surfing around the web but no one reports similar issue. some people suggests using simple audio jack, but to my ears using hdmi sounds better.

GTX 1050 ti does not have VGA. Would you send a picture of the card? It's most likely a fake GPU.

Is it plugged in? Is it turned on? Are you sure? No, really. 

List of my systems:

Main PC:

Spoiler

HP z620 workstation, 2x Xeon e5-2690 v0, GTX 980 FE, 8x4gb DDR3-1333, 2x 2tb HDD, 1tb boot SATA SSD, Windows 10 Pro

Linux system:

Spoiler

ProDesk 600 g1 SFF, i5-4590, Quadro k620, 2x4gb DDR3-1333, 64gb boot SSD, 250gb storage HDD from the ewaste pile with many bad sectors, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

XP system:

Spoiler

Compaq DC7600 SFF, Pentium 4 HT 631, MSI GT 210 passive, 2x512m DDR2-667, 80gb Spinmaster HDD

Testbench:

Spoiler

Optiplex 760 board, GameMax VP-600 PSU, 4x 64gb AliExpress SSD (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 10), 1tb HDD (storage)

(currently has a Core 2 Quad Q9550 and 4x2gb DDR2-800 but I change its config frequently)

1 minute ago, Mel0nMan said:

GTX 1050 ti does not have VGA. Would you send a picture of the card? It's most likely a fake GPU.

He might just mean DVI-D

also if you are converting a display port to hdmi you need an active converter not a passive one and this type of device doesnt always work

9 hours ago, connorkincaid said:

He might just mean DVI-D

yes i meant dvi-d, i edited the post too

9 hours ago, dreamcast4599 said:

also if you are converting a display port to hdmi you need an active converter not a passive one and this type of device doesnt always work

if i turn off the avr, everything works fine except of course no audio, but video-wise i found no problems using this conversion cable. Im thinking its a Settings issue, maybe Resolution size issue because i've noticed when starting/closing particular games, the screen goes off for a second like its adjusting the resolution.
Since the only option is to Duplicate displays, i cant change the AVR's resolution at all.

is there a way to just send Video to Monitor from DP port, and Audio-only to AVR from GPU HDMI port ? i know AVRs arent exactly built for PC usage but man i just absolutely love this speaker setup, beats every active speakers i've tried

wow ive just found out that this issue only exist when playing Dota, the screen suddenly goes blank but everything still runs. If i alt+tab as soon as the screen goes black, i can save the monitor from going to sleep completely which makes hard restart necessary. but if i switch tab back to Dota , the screen goes blank again almost instantly.

how is this even possible ? i've set the dota audio setup to use default settings just like any other games.