Stop users from being able to label their original question as the solution

cacoe

This makes no sense, if there's a solution, it will be from a user in the responses, or if a user finds out how to fix something themselves, they can respond and label as solution.

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted
Cooled by a crap load of Noctua fans and Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT

and automatically set titles to all lowercase if they're all uppercase, while we're talking about things new users tend to do

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

12 minutes ago, cacoe said:

This makes no sense, if there's a solution, it will be from a user in the responses, or if a user finds out how to fix something themselves, they can respond and label as solution.

Then people can actually see the solution too, if they are having the same problem.

😳
Not that active so I may not respond.

Just now, Fasauceome said:

and automatically set titles to all lowercase if they're all uppercase

Probs best starting a new thread, this is unrelated to my suggestion, despite me agreeing with you.

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted

Just now, Cool_Evlo said:

Then people can actually see the solution too, if they are having the same problem.

especially if the solution is hidden behind a wall of text in an edit, which is sometimes the case

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Cool_Evlo said:

Exactly, I just viewed a thread a moment ago and was like, oh, there's a solution already. Hang on, that's op's original message wtf? 

Good for google searches too.

8 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

and automatically set titles to all lowercase if they're all uppercase, while we're talking about things new users tend to do

HELP ME MY PC WONT POSTTT!!!!!!!! HELP NEEDED URGENT!!!!

4 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

(original post is marked as the solution so people think it's already solved)

Primary PC:

5 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Sometimes that URGENT is actually URGENT. I once came across a post with similar titling, but the OP went as far as to say that he’ll PayPal the one who solves his issue $20

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

1 minute ago, RockSolid1106 said:

Sometimes that URGENT is actually URGENT. I once came across a post with similar titling, but the OP went as far as to say that he’ll PayPal the one who solves his issue $20

Pretty sure I remember that one. I've seen 5 or so that have offered some kind of financial compensation for someone telling them how to plug in a USB header.

3 minutes ago, RockSolid1106 said:

I will PAY any LTT site developer to remove the "mark as solution" button from the original post!

contact me for $0.50, straight to your bank account

Primary PC:

Also please remove the mark as best answer for threads in tech news.. there can’t be an answer to a tech news thread AFAIK

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

Did a mod just have a laugh and label my first post as a solution? Lol.

27 minutes ago, cacoe said:

Did a mod just have a laugh and label my first post as a solution? Lol.

Sorry not sorry, couldn't resist... 🧐

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

10 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Sorry not sorry, couldn't resist... 🧐

Ah thank god it was either that or I was losing it 😂 the amount of self control to not do that was intense.

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

And add punctuation (the titles being "help" etc. already got suggested). Also, if you can, force them to read the rules before posting and browse like 1h before they can post so that they don't dump to GD. I move at least 10 threads daily that have the correct subforum in title or first sentencce.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 1 month later...

I pointed this out to the forum software devs a while ago and they said no, why give people fewer options, so this isn't likely to happen.

HTTP/2 203

55 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

orum software devs

how many forums use this template?

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

20 hours ago, adarw said:

how many forums use this template?

At least a couple of thousand use the forum software as far as I know, although we have several ltt-specific customizations

HTTP/2 203

• 1 month later...
On 9/22/2021 at 11:45 PM, colonel_mortis said:

I pointed this out to the forum software devs a while ago and they said no, why give people fewer options, so this isn't likely to happen.

LMAO, it's like... let's ignore this logical argument and allow literally anything.

1 hour ago, cacoe said:

LMAO, it's like... let's ignore this logical argument and allow literally anything.

Or another thing that bothers me is if I reply to someone's thread, other users will "Like" my response over "Agree", but then said user will reply too and say to do the same thing. Little pet peeve of mine. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

On 7/27/2021 at 1:09 PM, Fasauceome said:

I will PAY any LTT site developer to remove the "mark as solution" button from the original post!

contact me for $0.50, straight to your bank account

Does that extend to FP developers too? Totally worth doing for $0.50 IMO.

On 7/27/2021 at 12:09 PM, Fasauceome said:

contact me for $0.50,000 straight to your bank account

Im down.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER