Low GPU usage on Minecraft with RTX 3070 when using shaders

VirtualBlack

I recently upgraded from a GTX 1070 Ti to a RTX 3070, it's performing as expected on most games but on Minecraft Java edition I'm getting worse performance than the 1070 Ti, the issue is more noticeable when using shaders,  for example using Chocapic Lite Shaders, the GPU usage is around 50-54% giving 50-60 FPS but using the same shader pack on the 1070 Ti the GPU usage was 98- 100% giving 90-100 FPS

So the GPU is not working at 100% and I have no idea why, I tried reinstalling the GPU drivers using DDU, reinstalling Minecraft along with Optifine but the issue persists.

Doing some research it seems to be a known issue on all 3000 series Nvidia GPUs

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/minecraft/50/402229/java-low-fps-on-rtx-3080/  

Nobody has came to a solution or workaround, do you have any idea what could be causing this problem?

1 hour ago, VirtualBlack said:

I recently upgraded from a GTX 1070 Ti to a RTX 3070, it's performing as expected on most games but on Minecraft Java edition I'm getting worse performance than the 1070 Ti, the issue is more noticeable when using shaders,  for example using Chocapic Lite Shaders, the GPU usage is around 50-54% giving 50-60 FPS but using the same shader pack on the 1070 Ti the GPU usage was 98- 100% giving 90-100 FPS

So the GPU is not working at 100% and I have no idea why, I tried reinstalling the GPU drivers using DDU, reinstalling Minecraft along with Optifine but the issue persists.

Doing some research it seems to be a known issue on all 3000 series Nvidia GPUs

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/minecraft/50/402229/java-low-fps-on-rtx-3080/  

Nobody has came to a solution or workaround, do you have any idea what could be causing this problem?

Might be specific to the card and not a solvable problem without recoding the game. Or it might not.  Is this happening with all other users of that card?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

9 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Might be specific to the card and not a solvable problem without recoding the game. Or it might not.  Is this happening with all other users of that card?

I have seen many threads and it seems that is happening to users of 3070, 3080 and 3090 

I would probably return the GPU if I can't solve the issue