Packing a pc for shipping

kotaq_

What are packing materials safe to put in a pc to stop the parts from moving? I'm moving in less than a week but forgot to buy bubble wrap or any other packing materials and  i don't know how else to pack my pc.

2 minutes ago, kotaq_ said:

What are packing materials safe to put in a pc to stop the parts from moving?

The case box and the packing foam that it comes with. Its free and it usually have small amount of give in it. If you dont have that, then get a box of similar size and fill the gap with packing foam or air bags.

Also, dont forget to remove the GPU and the air cooler. Those 2 things can act as a lever and rip your board apart.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

It's why I always keep my current case box. If possible, I'd suggest just moving your tech stuff in a car separate from everything else. If it's for a long haul one way trip where everything has to go at the same time, loads of padding on the outside, padded air bags on the inside and remove your gpu if possible and also store in a well padded container.

Case - Phanteks Evolv X | PSU - EVGA 650w Gold Rated | Mobo - ASUS Strix x570-f | CPU - AMD r9 3900x | RAM - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz @ 3600mhz | GPU - EVGA nVidia 2080s 8GB  | OS Drive - Sabrent 256GB Rocket NVMe PCI Gen 4 | Game Drive - WD 1tb NVMe Gen 3  |  Storage - 7TB formatted
Cooled by a crap load of Noctua fans and Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT

3 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

The case box and the packing foam that it comes with. Its free and it usually have small amount of give in it. If you dont have that, then get a box of similar size and fill the gap with packing foam or air bags.

Also, dont forget to remove the GPU and the air cooler. Those 2 things can act as a lever and rip your board 

I was talking about packing the internat components. I have The case box and took out the gpu, but i dont want to take out my tower cooler 

7 minutes ago, kotaq_ said:

I was talking about packing the internat components. I have The case box and took out the gpu, but i dont want to take out my tower cooler 

The tower cooler should be fine left in if it is securely screwed down. However if you really want you can use some packing foam to hold it in place. Just don't use anything staticky like packing peanuts, bubble wrap, etc