My First Ultrawide Monitor - Which One To Pick?

stryhn04

My First Ultrawide Monitor - Which One To Pick?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. My First Ultrawide Monitor - Which One To Pick?

• Asus 34" ROG Strix XG349C
    • ASUS ProArt Display PA34VC
    • LG 34GN850-B

Hey Everyone,

As I’ve decided to upgrade my current monitor, I need you guys’ help to decide which one I need to go with ultimately.

The three monitors I’ve narrowed it down to are these:

1. Asus 34" ROG Strix XG349C

2. ASUS ProArt Display PA34VC

3. LG 34GN850-B

All monitors meet my demands of being an ultrawide monitor with a resolution of 1440p, having at least a 100hz refresh rate, and being an IPS panel.

I need the monitor primarily for Graphic Design work and gaming (CS:GO, ESO, Battlefield), so that's why I need it to be so versatile.

I currently have an old 27 inch BenQ gaming monitor with a TN panel and 144hz 1ms. I would like my new monitor to keep the relatively high refresh rate, while also being an IPS panel (good enough for colorwork?) and an ultrawide (always wanted an ultrawide)

I really hope you guys can help!

Thank you so much in advance!

I'd go with the Strix. It's decent enough for graphic design work, especially if you hardware color calibrate it, and it'll be great for gaming as well.

The ProArt comes from the factory color calibrated, so it's technically the better for pure graphic design work. However, it won't be as good for gaming, and you'll need to recalibrate any monitor you're using for graphic design yearly, at least, anyways. So, basically, this just saves you having to do it out of the box.

The LG doesn't even play on the same field. It's not necessarily bad or anything, but these other two are just better in every way.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse