Need help selecting a new PSU

Mehxispeci

Hello all

I just recently purchased a Palit 3070ti and now am in need of a new PSU, my current one is very old and does not have the wattage needed for the GPU. Does anyone have any recommendations? Im looking for a 750W - 850W PSU. I have two contenders already and they are the; Seasonic Focus (GX-850) and the CorsiarRM850X (2018 version), I also have a runner up that im not quite sure about and its the GIGABYTE AORUS P850W.

I really need some help and advice, if u have any recommendation,  please reply. 

Thank you!

I recommand Corsair RMx 2018/2021, Fractal Design ION+, Thermaltake GF1 or Super Flower Leadex III.

What country, Mexico?

I live in Kosovo, very small country, so dont have access to the one u sent, although thank you guys for the replies :)

12 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

I recommand Corsair RMx 2018/2021, Fractal Design ION+, Thermaltake GF1 or Super Flower Leadex III.

What country, Mexico?

I live in Kosovo, but i do have access to the Corsair RM850X, although I dont know if there's a big difference from the 2018 and 2021 model
  •  

7 minutes ago, Mehxispeci said:
I live in Kosovo, but i do have access to the Corsair RM850X, although I dont know if there's a big difference from the 2018 and 2021 model
  •  

Not a huge difference, both are good, so if one is significantly cheaper than the other, you should consider that one.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

9 minutes ago, Mehxispeci said:

I live in Kosovo, very small country, so dont have access to the one u sent, although thank you guys for the replies :)

Where do you buy a PSU?(store link?)

8 minutes ago, Mehxispeci said:
  •  

2018 is quieter. The 2021 has better fan bearings. My choice is the cheaper one.

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Not a huge difference, both are good, so if one is significantly cheaper than the other, you should consider that one.

I dont even have access to the 2021 version, so i kind of have to go with the 2018 version, its very overpriced because of where I live and because of the current PC market Inflation in Europe. But thank u for the reply 🙂

2 minutes ago, IIIIIIIIII said:

Where do you buy a PSU?(store link?)

2018 is quieter. The 2021 has better fan bearings. My choice is the cheaper one.

The store link is https://gjirafa50.com/, its all in albanian so u might have to translate, also the prices are in EURO

2 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

The MSI is good.

Theres a 50euro price difference between the two, but after seeing all the replies in support of the RM850X, i think thats my choice

9 minutes ago, Mehxispeci said:

Theres a 50euro price difference between the two, but after seeing all the replies in support of the RM850X, i think thats my choice

If you are thinking of upgrading to 3090 or higher.

The advantage of MSI is better protection due to multiple OCPs (Multirail). However, it seems to be causing issues with some 3090s.

The advantage of the RMx is its low noise with a great fan controller.

And if you opt for a Corsair, the RM850 looks more attractive. The difference between the two(RMx/RM) is very small, but you can save 20 euros.

Edited by IIIIIIIIII

Just now, IIIIIIIIII said:

If you are thinking of upgrading to 3090 or higher.

The advantage of MSI is better protection due to multiple OCPs (Multirail). However, it seems to be causing issues with some 3090s.

The good thing about the RMx is the noise from its great fan controller.

And if you opt for a Corsair, the RM850 looks more attractive. The difference between the two is very small, but you can save 20 euros.

I have a 3070 ti, so I dont think that should be an issue, the only thing I think could be an issue is the Wattage. I really like MSI as I have bought a lot of their products before, but idk if I should opt for the RM850X for the future

3 minutes ago, Mehxispeci said:

I have a 3070 ti, so I dont think that should be an issue, the only thing I think could be an issue is the Wattage. I really like MSI as I have bought a lot of their products before, but idk if I should opt for the RM850X for the future

A good 750w can handle up to 3080 perfectly. A good 850w handles the 3090 well with the Threadripper. Only some PSUs have problems.

1 minute ago, IIIIIIIIII said:

A good 750w can handle up to 3080 perfectly. A good 850w handles the 3090 well with the Threadripper. Only some PSUs have problems.

Alright man, thank you so so much for the help