Is Intel Xeon X5675 compatible with Intel DX58SO?

Currently I'm using AMD FX6300 with MSI 970A  SLI Krait Edition. I choose this platform because i need a pc for online classes and open bluestacks at that moment. I thought the single core performance dont really effect much for me that these FX series CPUs have, until recently I deal with video editing. Its fine for minor editing though, but when I put some effects, it just cant go on. Even my friend's i7 2600 smoother than my setup. Now I have a phone now, Bluestack is not important for me ATM, so i need to upgrade my setup with minimal budget as I can (this FX6300 pc setup only cost me about 125USD, but in Malaysia this is quite expensive for a student like me). I have a DX58SO(LGA1366) lying around with i7 930, the performance is about the same as my current setup or even worse and it consume way more power than my FX6300. After some research, I found that Intel Xeon W3680 and X5675 is quite affordable for me (i7 970 and 980 is TOO EXPENSIVE HERE even it is second hand) but because power efficiency, I have to go with X5675 instead. But I'm worried that DX58SO can't support x5675 due to compatibility problems and there is no updated info about it. So here is my question here:

Can Intel Xeon X5675 run on Intel DX58SO? or other possible suggestion to upgrade my setup with minimal budget possible? My budget is under 40dollars or MYR150 and yeah I am too cheap skate for it

Sorry for the broken English here. And thanks for your answers.

W3670 is a good CPU. They do not cost much money.

3XBqVgb.png

The Xeon W3680 has an unlocked multiplier. It has the same specifications as the Core i7-980X Extreme but the Xeon is less expensive.

They are very easy to overclock. You just need to increase the voltage. They are very reliable.

2 hours ago, CCX Cheng said:

because power efficiency, I have to go with X5675 instead

All of these CPUs consume the same amount of power when they are running at the same speed. The TDP rating is not important. The turbo power limits on the W3680 are unlocked. You can use ThrottleStop and you can set the power limits to whatever number you like. You can change a W3680 from 125W to 95W. There is no need to buy a 95W processor. You can create your own 95W processor. 

For maximum performance, change the W3680 power limit to 180W.

This allows the CPU to run fully loaded at full speed. Great CPU.

image.png.64eb5e3da1ffac72ea5833625d050466.png

Ok thanks a lot. Although w3680/w3670 can only support 24GB of RAM (x5675 can take 288GB), but thats I think thats enough for me now

8 hours ago, unclewebb said:

You can use ThrottleStop and you can set the power limits to whatever number you like. You can change a W3680 from 125W to 95W. There is no need to buy a 95W processor.

I think i will disable some cores for daily use instead like only using 4cores and disabling hyperthread during online class😅😅 But good suggest though, a FX6300 with 2 cores disabled pc and i3 2100 pc still make my house electrical bill skyrocket after 6hours of online class every day

2 minutes ago, CCX Cheng said:

i will disable some cores for daily use

There is no need to do this. When you enable the C states, unused cores automatically go into a low power state where power consumption is minimal. The TDP rating does not mean that a CPU will constantly consume 95W or 125W. 

If power consumption is important, look into some newer technology. Newer motherboards are much more efficient compared to technology from 10+ years ago. Where I live, 6 hours of online class times 5 days a week would cost about 50 cents worth of power per week. Probably less than that. 

i4tnKgl.jpg 

11 minutes ago, unclewebb said:

If power consumption is important, look into some newer technology. Newer motherboards are much more efficient compared to technology from 10+ years ago. Where I live, 6 hours of online class times 5 days a week would cost about 50 cents worth of power per week. Probably less than that.  

Thats why my relatives buying laptops instead of desktop😅 get blamed when I lived with my relatives for a short period and i using my cheap pc instead of new 500USD laptop that I cant afford. But still I will probably buy a new laptop when i enter university. Thanks.