Figuring what to buy with my budget.

xven

Budget (including currency): 3100 Cad

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: I play games mostly apex legends and some other casual that do not matter as much.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/z9fnz7

I plan to stream on the pc also, this part list gives a solid idea of what i would like to get or something similar but i am over the budget. So i am open ears to what i should and could change to make it fit.

( will be selling my 2600x with a rtx 2060 for 1000$ to a friend friend but using those funds for a capture card and other stream stuff. )

I would seriously recommend trying to manage your budget to get a 3090 instead of a 3070TI, since it will be more performance per dollar then the 3070TI which is almost double msrp.

—————PLEASE DISREGARD, I WAS WORKING WITH USD CURRENCY. —————

Edited by VicksForWindows

4 minutes ago, VicksForWindows said:

I would seriously recommend trying to manage your budget to get a 3090 instead of a 3070TI, since it will be more performance per dollar then the 3070TI which is almost double msrp.

How do i get a 3090 in a 3100$ canadien budget ?

39 minutes ago, xven said:

Budget (including currency): 3100 Cad

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: I play games mostly apex legends and some other casual that do not matter as much.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/z9fnz7

I plan to stream on the pc also, this part list gives a solid idea of what i would like to get or something similar but i am over the budget. So i am open ears to what i should and could change to make it fit.

( will be selling my 2600x with a rtx 2060 for 1000$ to a friend friend but using those funds for a capture card and other stream stuff. )

5.75/10

Spending on ludicrously expensive garbage that dont do crap but cheaping on one your cpu and gpu

Sorry but this is realllllllly bad

Atleast you chose a good psu tho

Id expect 5900x at this budget

6 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

5.75/10

Spending on ludicrously expensive garbage that dont do crap but cheaping on one your cpu and gpu

Sorry but this is realllllllly bad

Atleast you chose a good psu tho

Id expect 5900x at this budget

make a quick list

4 minutes ago, xven said:

make a quick list

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/syKsTJ

Obliterated

Its ok to have rgb but overslinding on it = horribly unbalanced build + vheaping out on the important parts such as cpu and gpu

If you are overclocking or want a quieter system + low temps you can swap the cooler for a liquid freezer 360 argb

Btw gpu is up tp you but maybe get a 3080

1 minute ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Obliterated

Its ok to have rgb but overslinding on it = horribly unbalanced build + vheaping out on the important parts such as cpu and gpu

If you are overclocking or want a quieter system + low temps you can swap the cooler for a liquid freezer 360 argb

I don't need more then 1tb in storage so i could save there most likely, then i have 6 brand new bequiet fans sitting in my room. I would also go with a Corsair 4000d airflow over that case but that is just a preference and does ryzen benefit from 3600 speed ram ?

7 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Obliterated

This is what i am coming up with for now could save on the cooler as the person buying my pc does not want my darkrock pro 4

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/7DZX8J

Just now, xven said:

I don't need more then 1tb in storage so i could save there most likely, then i have 6 brand new bequiet fans sitting in my room. I would also go with a Corsair 4000d airflow over that case but that is just a preference and does ryzen benefit from 3600 speed ram ?

Doesnt 4000d have no rgb preinstalled?

Go for cases with rgb fans preinstalled since its usually cheaper that way rather than buying overpriced rgb fans

corsair ll are horribly overpriced aswell so if youd like to downgrade the gpu or something cause you are already happy with your spec then sure go ahead, though fsk 3 pack is about 40$ so decent but then it wouldnt match the case ;-;

Bequiet are pricey but atleast it actually has a use of actually being quiet and performing well rather than just being a disco ball xD

Not sure, though you can just oc your ram to 3600mhz and lower the timings cause timings are what actually makes a big difference

6 minutes ago, xven said:

Ryzen will get a performance up from faster RAM

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

3 minutes ago, xven said:

This is what i am coming up with for now 

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/7DZX8J

Not sure on the aio, it will prob perform the same as the cooler i chose but i dont think its neccesary as a small air cooler isnt a pain in the ass to work around the socket with

It does still give abit more convenience than a small cpu cooler but not sure if its justified or not

Guess the budget will decide if it will stay or not i guess

But maybe swap for a better aio like liquid freezer 240 or 360 if you care about quietness or very low cpu temps

Good rgb ram cause its pretty cheap but id stick to 3200mhz cl16 cause 3600mhz is easily acheivable by most 3200mhz sticks 

And ram timings > ram freq

Now this ill give an 8.5/10

Decently balanced build + some rgb flare whilst not overspending on rgb

8 minutes ago, orbitalbuzzsaw said:

Ryzen will get a performance up from faster RAM

Define faster

Ram freq?

Or ram timings?

Cause unless you have a really good sample or shove a ton of voltage to whatever controls the fclk, most cpus can only get to 1800 fclk (3600mhz ram), maybe if you want you could get 1866 fclk (3733mhz ram), even 2000 fclk if you push enough volts (4000mhz ram), not sure on how to get 2133 fclk tho (4266mhz ram)

Ram timings > ram freq

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Define faster

Ram freq?

Or ram timings?

Cause unless you have a really good sample or shove a ton of voltage to whatever controls the fclk, most cpus can only get to 1800 fclk (3600mhz ram), maybe if you want you could get 1866 fclk (3733mhz ram), even 2000 fclk if you push enough volts (4000mhz ram), not sure on how to get 2133 fclk tho (4266mhz ram)

Ram timings > ram freq

Just making sure i was told for streaming that higher clock speed on a cpu would be better but i could be extremely wrong.

Also just sold my secound ps5 for 700$ to my friend so i can hit 3800$ now.

4 minutes ago, xven said:

Just making sure i was told for streaming that higher clock speed on a cpu would be better but i could be extremely wrong.

Also just sold my secound ps5 for 700$ to my friend so i can hit 3800$ now.

Spend it on a better gpu

Ik rgb is tempting but think about it

Spending 500-700 on useless lights that only glow in disco ball colours

Alright 20, 50, even 100$ is acceptable if you are spending on asthetics cause its usually gonna benifit something else like a case upgrade for instance, upgrading from something like a forge 100r to a p400a will give more space and more fans along with being able to fit a 360 aio if you wish

But going above that usually only means swapping the fans for overpriced ones (looking at you corsair ll) or getting an uneccesarily expensive case, which will not benifit anything else other than asthetics

Heck a full tower is basically useless unless you are gonna go with a 420mm aio like the liquid freezer 420

So spend it on a better gpu or spend it on something else other than your computer

3 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Spend it on a better gpu

Ik rgb is tempting but think about it

Spending 500-700 on useless lights that only glow in disco ball colours

Alright 20, 50, even 100$ is acceptable if you are spending on asthetics cause its usually gonna benifit something else like a case upgrade for instance, upgrading from something like a forge 100r to a p400a will give more space and more fans along with being able to fit a 360 aio if you wish

But going above that usually only means swapping the fans for overpriced ones (looking at you corsair ll) or getting an uneccesarily expensive case, which will not benifit anything else other than asthetics

Heck a full tower is basically useless unless you are gonna go with a 420mm aio like the liquid freezer 420

So spend it on a better gpu or spend it on something else other than your computer

I mean for 119$ for a 4000d airflow looks good to me... i don't care much for rgb but i still want the pc to look decent. I have Some be quiet silent wing 3 fans just sitting in their boxes right now so i won't buy more fans. The issue is that 3080ti or 3090 right now are above 2k in canada.

58 minutes ago, xven said:

I mean for 119$ for a 4000d airflow looks good to me... i don't care much for rgb but i still want the pc to look decent. I have Some be quiet silent wing 3 fans just sitting in their boxes right now so i won't buy more fans. The issue is that 3080ti or 3090 right now are above 2k in canada.

Then just spend the extra budget on something else then

Case is abit pricey for my liking but i guess the budget fits it and its not a case that sets your components on fire (looking at you h510) ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯ 

Personally Id go for a p300a or forge 100r tho cause cheap case = good xD, but i guess there are other benifits of a pricey case like build quality

3 hours ago, xven said:

How do i get a 3090 in a 3100$ canadien budget ?

I apologize, I worked with USD in my head, I’ve edited the comment.

However, 

I did work on your PCPartPicker list, and I came up with this: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/kzLdLP

I’d say it stays pretty true to the original list, while only being ~$100 over budget, or ~$40 if you ditch the hard drive I included.

Ryzen 9 5900X with 12 cores to have leg room while gaming and streaming and/or video editing.

AIO Cooler very similar but only difference seems to be less RGB.

This ASUS motherboard is cheaper then your listed but a LOT of people still like it.

RAM has higher frequency and less latency but still has that sweet RGB.

I looked at the Canadian NVIDIA website and supposedly there are multiple GPU’s that could be found for less then my price, however I do not know. Apologies if the GPU price is impractical even if everything was in stock.

Let me know if anything you don’t like or if the GPU price is impossible even if at MSRP and I can help Change it.

So first of all, for optimized Ryzen Ram performance, you want to match half of your frequency (because its called double data rate = DDR) to your Ryzen infinity fabric. So your infintiy fabric can run at 1800MHz, double that for Ram and you end up at 3600MHz. Therefore you will achieve slightly more performance with 3600MHz CL18 rather then 3200MHz CL16. So I would aim for a 3600MHz kit.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/RWvDYg

To my parts list: a 5800X is more then enough for streaming. If you aren't going to run Workstation loads, the 5800X is the more sensible option. Pair it with the best GPU in price range, for example a 3080, 3080TI or a 6800XT. Dont go 3090 because the VRam is overkill. A 3080 will be enough for consistent 4K gaming. And most platforms only stream at 1080p, so just go for a 3080 or something like that.

I opted for a good 500GB boot drive (with cache! important!) and an hdd for game and video storage.

If you want to go corsair case, the 4000D is actually a good case for its price, just add 2 additional fans and you have great airflow!

For CPU cooling: you dont need an AIO. Even the 5800X will be fine with a solid air cooler. Spend the money on the core of your system, the GPU.

I dont know, how the prices are right now in Canada, search thoroughly and you will find a 3080 or 3080TI in your budget range of 1700 CAD.

16 hours ago, VicksForWindows said:

I apologize, I worked with USD in my head, I’ve edited the comment.

However, 

I did work on your PCPartPicker list, and I came up with this: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/kzLdLP

I’d say it stays pretty true to the original list, while only being ~$100 over budget, or ~$40 if you ditch the hard drive I included.

Ryzen 9 5900X with 12 cores to have leg room while gaming and streaming and/or video editing.

AIO Cooler very similar but only difference seems to be less RGB.

This ASUS motherboard is cheaper then your listed but a LOT of people still like it.

RAM has higher frequency and less latency but still has that sweet RGB.

I looked at the Canadian NVIDIA website and supposedly there are multiple GPU’s that could be found for less then my price, however I do not know. Apologies if the GPU price is impractical even if everything was in stock.

Let me know if anything you don’t like or if the GPU price is impossible even if at MSRP and I can help Change it.

I like this partpicker list, i would most likely drop the seagate barracuda 2tb drive as i don't need more then a 1tb drive and i would go for a corsair 4000d instead  of the 5000d for the price difference. Now finding a 3080for 1200 is gonna be the challenge, i will start looking around tonight..

16 hours ago, KKLawrence said:

So first of all, for optimized Ryzen Ram performance, you want to match half of your frequency (because its called double data rate = DDR) to your Ryzen infinity fabric. So your infintiy fabric can run at 1800MHz, double that for Ram and you end up at 3600MHz. Therefore you will achieve slightly more performance with 3600MHz CL18 rather then 3200MHz CL16. So I would aim for a 3600MHz kit.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/RWvDYg

To my parts list: a 5800X is more then enough for streaming. If you aren't going to run Workstation loads, the 5800X is the more sensible option. Pair it with the best GPU in price range, for example a 3080, 3080TI or a 6800XT. Dont go 3090 because the VRam is overkill. A 3080 will be enough for consistent 4K gaming. And most platforms only stream at 1080p, so just go for a 3080 or something like that.

I opted for a good 500GB boot drive (with cache! important!) and an hdd for game and video storage.

If you want to go corsair case, the 4000D is actually a good case for its price, just add 2 additional fans and you have great airflow!

For CPU cooling: you dont need an AIO. Even the 5800X will be fine with a solid air cooler. Spend the money on the core of your system, the GPU.

I dont know, how the prices are right now in Canada, search thoroughly and you will find a 3080 or 3080TI in your budget range of 1700 CAD.

What do you think of the ram kit the previous person put on its only 137.99$ ( could get two )

Crucial Ballistix RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory .

Like for the other list i would drop the seagate 2tb and crank the WD 500gb to a 1tb drive.

1800$ for a gpu as a 6800xt or a 3080 or 3080ti makes it easier instead of a 1200 budget. My question is that amd was having tons of issue with their drivers for the gpus, have they manage a fix yet ? ( got that info on kyle youtube channel )

40 minutes ago, xven said:

What do you think of the ram kit the previous person put on its only 137.99$ ( could get two )

Crucial Ballistix RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory .

Like for the other list i would drop the seagate 2tb and crank the WD 500gb to a 1tb drive.

1800$ for a gpu as a 6800xt or a 3080 or 3080ti makes it easier instead of a 1200 budget. My question is that amd was having tons of issue with their drivers for the gpus, have they manage a fix yet ? ( got that info on kyle youtube channel )

Can you please send me the video that talks about the driver issues so I can know what you are talking about?

Also, If $1200 is too little for a GPU, you can go with this list: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/vpdJK3

This list is very similar to the last list but also with a Corsair 4000D Airflow and Ryzen 9 3900X which makes a $1500 budget for the GPU.

2 minutes ago, VicksForWindows said:

Can you please send me the video that talks about the driver issues so I can know what you are talking about?

Also, If $1200 is too little for a GPU, you can go with this list: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/vpdJK3

This list is very similar to the last list but also with a Corsair 4000D Airflow and Ryzen 9 3900X which makes a $1500 budget for the GPU.

3 minutes ago, VicksForWindows said:

This is what i am coming up with https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/bnLfwz i choose that mobo because there is one for sale near me with a 5800x as a bundle and i get to save on that.

39 minutes ago, xven said:

He does state that a driver update fixed most issues, so I’m going to assume that they are fixed because that video was made back in March 14, 2020.

12 minutes ago, VicksForWindows said:

He does state that a driver update fixed most issues, so I’m going to assume that they are fixed because that video was made back in March 14, 2020.

true i just watched that a few days ago didnt check the date lmao