Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

No Man's Sky VR Terrible lag, any fix?

I just got No Man's Sky on steam with the intent to play it in VR, as soon as I got in I immediately noticed the stuttering and the lag. I've tried setting my settings to the lowest possible but that did little to nothing, I am using the quest 2 with Virtual Desktop I also have SSW on at 120 fps medium graphics and 100MBPS I'll list my specs below.

MSI VEGA 64 8G OC AIR BOOST

RYZEN 5 5600x (stock cooler)

16gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 mhz

b450m DS3h

corsair 750W PSU

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Try other display outputs, try updating GPU drivers, finally is there a way to update the VR headset firmware?

Is it plugged in? Is it turned on? Are you sure? No, really. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cyphuss said:

I just got No Man's Sky on steam with the intent to play it in VR, as soon as I got in I immediately noticed the stuttering and the lag. I've tried setting my settings to the lowest possible but that did little to nothing, I am using the quest 2 with Virtual Desktop I also have SSW on at 120 fps medium graphics and 100MBPS I'll list my specs below.

MSI VEGA 64 8G OC AIR BOOST

RYZEN 5 5600x (stock cooler)

16gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 mhz

b450m DS3h

corsair 750W PSU

 

NMS VR is not very optimised.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio or about your PC.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 9700k, GPU > RTX 2070 8gb, RAM > Corsair Vengance 2x8gb 3000mhz, Motherboard > Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi, Storage > 1TB HDD & 2pcs of 500gb M2 SSDs, Cooling > H100I Corsair Platinum, PSU > Corsair RM750X V2

🎧Current Audio Setup For Gaming/Music🎧

Philips Fidelio X2HR as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

The T.bone SC400 XLR mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > Razer Chroma v2 Orange Switches

Mouse > Cooler Master MM711, had a G502 HERO but was too heavy for my liking.

VR > Valve index kit

Why spend thousands on peripherals and your PC and forget one of the most important things... Audio.

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Try other display outputs, try updating GPU drivers, finally is there a way to update the VR headset firmware?

Checked and everything is up to date.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Tigerleon said:

NMS VR is not very optimised.

I was thinking that but was hoping someone would find a temporary fix, thanks anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Space scenes did not run well even with my i9 10900k/2080 ti setup. I will try again when the computer gets a 3080 ti/3090.

It definitely the hardest to play in VR since everything else runs perfectly with that setup.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800X| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 ti XC3 ULTRA | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Cooler Master H500P Mesh White | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

 

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3080 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: SilverStone PF360-ARGB AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: TBD | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

 

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 9900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z390 Ultra | RAM: Ripjaws V Series 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: ASUS  RTX 3080 White OC  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Cooler Master H500 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD: Crucial P2 1TB  | SSD#2: Samsung 860 QVO 2TB | Monitor: LG 49" NanoCell 85

 

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero | RAM: Ripjaws V Series 16GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 Ultra 2080 ti | PSU: Corsair RMx1000W | Case: Corsair 5000D | Cooler: EVGA 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial MX300 2.5" 2TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: TBD

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2021 at 9:33 AM, jones177 said:

Space scenes did not run well even with my i9 10900k/2080 ti setup. I will try again when the computer gets a 3080 ti/3090.

It definitely the hardest to play in VR since everything else runs perfectly with that setup.

Yeah looked at a few benchmarks and its just horribly optimized, how could they just publish vr and not do anything? I mean they obviously knew it was laggy because they had to test.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Newegg

×