Laptop replacement and Rant with lovely suggestions for laptop manifacture

Hi guys! I am looking for a laptop to replace my Lenovo y50-70 since it's brokey (screen doesn't work, battery lasts very short, deck broken etc...)

I wanted a suggestion from you all and wanted to do a side rant a bit! 

What I would love to have is a laptop with a 100%srgb at least screen (would love to get 16:10) since I have started editing my photos etc. The screen resolution would be nice at more than 1080p and for size I was thinking about 15.6'' or 16''.

As for the rest cpu I am not sure if Amd or Intel is a better option!(multicores and battery life vs thunderbolt and single core perf) I would be doing also some light video editing such as 1080p (MAYBE 4k in the future?) without many effects, just color grading with lumetri on Adobe premiere. I would be doing also some basic audio editing since I am a musician. For the storage I have seen that it's very unlikely I will get the 1tb that I had before. Lastly with a non gamery cheap design

Budget around 1000€

My researches have told me that such laptop almost does not exists! My ideal pc would be the Msi GS66 stealth but that's waaaay overbudget!

I looked at the lenovo legion 5 and it could be an interesting option but I would also like to have some other opinions!

RANT:

I feel like laptop have become less and less interesting over the time! I would love a thin and light but the prices are way too expensive with a drop in display sizes(many 13'' or 14''). Another absurd aspect I have noticed is that those sizes are the one that get higher display resolution. I have seen plenty of them with 1440p resolution wherease the 15.6'' keep their FHD displays. Not to talk about the high refresh rate with a junk color gamut or super color gamut with a jank refresh rate. Do people really need more than 144hz on a laptop? I know innovation is cool etc but no middleground seems like a stupid idea. I have seen only 1 screen that could be cool 165hz, 100%rgb, 16:10, 2160x1600 of the legion...

I know there is also a shortage on gpus but their model name and performance are just a nightmare! 1050-1650 - 1650ti max q- 1660ti max q- 2060 and 2060 maxq - 3050ti - 3060 with more or less vram and wattage (also why is a 1650ti newer than a 1660ti?).

Their design language where they put just red accents on the pc or stupid rgb everywhere. Also the IO on the back of a laptop, like the legion 5... why do you even think about that's a good idea? I may have been stupid or whatever but the braided cable of my logitech g504 got melted because of the (way) too high temperature of my laptop... why shouldn't a usb stick right next to the vent do the same? Moreover I know people need power etc but why would ANYONE want a laptop that at full load cannot be recharged when plugged in? or why would anyone want to go around with a legion 5 with a freaking 300w charger for a laptop? where is the portability side? What about the super small batteries(also paired sometime with 4k displays)? 

Why are companies ditching sd card reader for micro sd reader? WHO uses that card for their cameras or whatever else? They should either offer it or ditch it adding a thunderbolt port... Also Asus g14 without a webcam? WHY

I don't know you all guys but I fell like 1000€ is not that cheap of laptop and you can find just beginner stuff that are either ugly but ok or beautiful but useless... I know they want to push the consumer to buy always the more expensive one....

Now as Linus says it's not worth it to just criticise so here you go my ideal pc:

CPU:4c/8t - 6c/12t intel or amd

GPU: (new naming order) 1660ti 6gb - 2060 6gb

Display: 2160*1600, 120hz/144hz, 100% Adobe Rgb, 16:10 aspect ratio, IPS (or microled :P)

Ram: 16gb ram

SSD: 512gb-1 Tb Min 

Battery: 80Wh min

IO: 2 usb 3.2 type A ; 2-3 type c with at least 2 power delivery and 1-2 thunderbolt 3 or usb4(if not higher) ; sd-card reader would be top; 1080p camera

Design: like the dell xps or the razer, could be thicker for proper cooling and batteries, not exceeding 2.5kg though

Price: 1000-1500€

I know some of the specs are just plain dream right now but something could be a bit downsized or thought over

Thanks for the patience! Feel free to make any suggestion, modification to my "ideal" laptop

Thinkpad P15 of some variety, up your budget a lot if you want new current gen stuff.

My P50 came with options for a 4k display with Pantone color calibrator, up to 64gb of ecc ddr4, up to a Xeon e3 1535m, up to a Quadro m2000m, and has room for two nvme ssds and a sata ssd all at the same time.

and it’s a 15” mobile workstation with a replaceable battery.

And that’s like, skylake era hardware. The newer P15’s are a similar story but with better processors and gpus.

If you want professional specs you are looking at professional hardware, not consumer gaming hardware.

4 hours ago, 8tg said:

Thinkpad P15 of some variety, up your budget a lot if you want new current gen stuff.

My P50 came with options for a 4k display with Pantone color calibrator, up to 64gb of ecc ddr4, up to a Xeon e3 1535m, up to a Quadro m2000m, and has room for two nvme ssds and a sata ssd all at the same time.

and it’s a 15” mobile workstation with a replaceable battery.

And that’s like, skylake era hardware. The newer P15’s are a similar story but with better processors and gpus.

If you want professional specs you are looking at professional hardware, not consumer gaming hardware.

hey thanks for the comment! I have looked at it but it's like 2x my budget and more hahaha

It's not like I want a super professional laptop for my lightroom/photoshop and light adobe premiere, but  it's a bit frustrating that I cannot find something that is suitable for me for that budget....