Unable to boot my pc with pop os usb flash drive

Go to solution Solved by fuzz0r,

It would be great with a picture of the error.

I know you can't screenshot but can you take a pic with your phone?

Hard to diagnose without knowing exactly what it told you.

I tried to install pop os on my old computerrunning a mechanical hard drive with a 3rd gen core processor. Now the pc detected the flash drive with the iso file and also brought me to the demo mode but when after setting up i tried to finally clean install with encryption the installation and partitioning started but that stoppoed and the os gave a message saying that it was due to a hardware issue. Is that for my drive not working properly? What should i do and also sometime when i tried to select drive to install the os the driev didn't show up. Please suggest me what should i try to do?

Since you said "try" im just taking a guess but, have you tried not encrypting the drive?, oh and also im pretty sure if secure boot is enabled in bios then linux wont install properly, just a few guesses.

It would be great with a picture of the error.

I know you can't screenshot but can you take a pic with your phone?

Hard to diagnose without knowing exactly what it told you.

30 minutes ago, Deminisher said:

Since you said "try" im just taking a guess but, have you tried not encrypting the drive?, oh and also im pretty sure if secure boot is enabled in bios then linux wont install properly, just a few guesses.

No i am booting up a pc with windows 7 that means that doesn't have secure and also no error notice was given when the booting up form the flash drive was starting i very easily went to the demo mode

32 minutes ago, Deminisher said:

I watched Anthony's pop os installation guide there the message that he said that will appear if secure boot is disabled did not happen. And also should i try without encription. Please let me know

* your thread was moved to the Troubleshooting section *

4 minutes ago, Souranil21 chakraborty said:

And also should i try without encription. Please let me know

Yes, that's what the user was asking you, did you try without encryption ???

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

22 minutes ago, Souranil21 chakraborty said:

I watched Anthony's pop os installation guide there the message that he said that will appear if secure boot is disabled did not happen. And also should i try without encription. Please let me know

a few questions that came up to my mind are

1 - does your motherboard have a UEFI or just a legacy bios? you mentioned it was an old

computer

2 - what did you flash your usb with,? balena etcher or rufus? (i havent used balena etcher before so i dont know wether it flashes in gpt mode by default or mbr mode by default)

3 - which version of pop os did you install? the nvidia version or the other one with open mesa drivers for intel and amd?

, oh and try without encryption please

4 minutes ago, Deminisher said:

a few questions that came up to my mind are

1 - does your motherboard have a UEFI or just a legacy bios? you mentioned it was an old

computer

2 - what did you flash your usb with,? balena etcher or rufus? (i havent used balena etcher before so i dont know wether it flashes in gpt mode by default or mbr mode by default)

3 - which version of pop os did you install? the nvidia version or the other one with open mesa drivers for intel and amd?

, oh and try without encryption please

I don't have a nvidia card so the normal version and and also i flashed that with the baleneitcher. Should i try with rufus? But my pc is from 2014 that i think has a uefi i think so i am not totally confirmed

22 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

* your thread was moved to the Troubleshooting section *

Yes, that's what the user was asking you, did you try without encryption ???

Yeah but that stopped mid way should try without encryption again

2 minutes ago, Souranil21 chakraborty said:

I don't have a nvidia card so the normal version and and also i flashed that with the baleneitcher. Should i try with rufus? But my pc is from 2014 that i think has a uefi i think so i am not totally confirmed

rufus vs etcher shouldnt be the issue since they both do the same thing, i think you should try looking for an mbr mode in etcher or use mbr mode in rufus then give it a try

oh and if you could provide a picture or any more details as to what you did exactly starting from downloading the iso till the install or your pc's hardware would be helpful

4 minutes ago, Deminisher said:

oh and if you could provide a picture or any more details as to what you did exactly starting from downloading the iso till the install or your pc's hardware would be helpful

Download the iso- flashed it with baleneitcher- booted with that- come to the demo modde of pop os without any problem- setted up everything- tried to install- and it didn't install the os- gave me notice for some hardware issue that was causing the problem

8 minutes ago, Souranil21 chakraborty said:

Download the iso- flashed it with baleneitcher- booted with that- come to the demo modde of pop os without any problem- setted up everything- tried to install- and it didn't install the os- gave me notice for some hardware issue that was causing the problem

what does the error say PRECISELY
 and try flashing in mbr mode with rufus please