Router trouble shooting

Hello, is there a way i could use my old ISP's modem as a router through my new ISP's modem? My new ISP's modem does not have wifi functionality, but my old ISP's modem/router does. Is there a way i can set this up so it works as a router through the new modem? Any help greatly appreciated thank you. 

16 hours ago, moonedyou said:

Hello, is there a way i could use my old ISP's modem as a router through my new ISP's modem? My new ISP's modem does not have wifi functionality, but my old ISP's modem/router does. Is there a way i can set this up so it works as a router through the new modem? Any help greatly appreciated thank you. 

Too many people use Modem and router interchangeably. But the fact is they are two diffrent devices. What most ISP's provide is a Internet Gateway. It will have a modem and router built in to one box. Some times these gateways have multiple WAN ports where the internet connect in. Most of the gateways I have seen however dont. So if your internet is delivered via Coax for example, the gateway's WAN port will be Coax and the 4 LAN ports will be Ethernet and can only be used for the Local Network. So you need to look at what you have and see if the old ISP's box has a Ethernet WAN port available. 

Also as @Grand Admiral Thrawnhas pointed out, you want your current ISP box in Bridge Mode or else you will have double NAT. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.