Help me plan a budget pc build for daily usage.

Kamey

Budget (including currency): EUR

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Arch Linux, Web Browsing, Watching Movies and Playing Music, Video Conferencing, Programming, Playing Games such as Minecraft, CSGO, GTA 5, Rocket League (Might be dual booted with windows 10)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):None

I want to build a good computer that will last me a long time for cheap, I don't plan to game a lot on it but i want to be able to at least hit 60 fps on most of the games for a playable experience, I will mostly use the computer for programming and school, video conferencing and discord calls, I don't care about the look and aesthetics so It doesn't need to be RGB or any of that, But it should have relatively good cooling because I care about the temps.

So if someone can send me some good components lists, or build over pcpartpicker or if you have any advice such as which parts should i have in my build, and what should i look for when it comes to compatibility please leave them below, Thank You!

20 minutes ago, Kamey said:

Budget (including currency): EUR

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Arch Linux, Web Browsing, Watching Movies and Playing Music, Video Conferencing, Programming, Playing Games such as Minecraft, CSGO, GTA 5, Rocket League (Might be dual booted with windows 10)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):None

I want to build a good computer that will last me a long time for cheap, I don't plan to game a lot on it but i want to be able to at least hit 60 fps on most of the games for a playable experience, I will mostly use the computer for programming and school, video conferencing and discord calls, I don't care about the look and aesthetics so It doesn't need to be RGB or any of that, But it should have relatively good cooling because I care about the temps.

So if someone can send me some good components lists, or build over pcpartpicker or if you have any advice such as which parts should i have in my build, and what should i look for when it comes to compatibility please leave them below, Thank You!

Most of those are potato.  Programming is often lighter weight than word processing.  Compiling isn’t but most of the rest is. The CSGO and Rocket league get a bit more feisty. Basically any not super bottom end discrete video card will do I suspect. One big question: does it need to run win11? Building a machine that can do all those things but not  be able to run win11 could happen by accident.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 7/26/2021 at 6:38 AM, Bombastinator said:

Most of those are potato.  Programming is often lighter weight than word processing.  Compiling isn’t but most of the rest is. The CSGO and Rocket league get a bit more feisty. Basically any not super bottom end discrete video card will do I suspect. One big question: does it need to run win11? Building a machine that can do all those things but not  be able to run win11 could happen by accident.

It should be mid range computer.

32 minutes ago, Kamey said:

It should be mid range computer.

Approximate price?

10 minutes ago, Edged said:

Approximate price?

I made a 500€ build

It has integrated graphics since here there is not much variety and there’s only good gpus for 500 400€

if you want a 450€ gpu just add a rtx 2060 OC

A5D3A58A-B42D-46C4-A7B2-9F757AFABDF7.png

E3F69B7E-E87C-42F4-89B3-59C1A63E6115.png