Dwm.exe error event Id 1000 during prime 95

squallypo
Go to solution Solved by rcmaehl,

That's still event viewer instead of reliability viewer but yeah, looks like the it just ran out of resources and automatically restarted the Window Manager, you should be fine.

Hi there, I've decided to test this prime 95 on my cou since I'm doing curve optimizer now with -25 and pbo limiter on disabled, but after running it for some time i noticed that after 20 minutes of testing of small ffts option on all the cores i got a black screen for a few seconds the back to normal, and no errors shown in prime95 test in running log , so i decided to open event Viewer and i found this error i listed on the tittle down.exe

What is this issue ?

My system 5600x

Aorus elite b550m 

DWM.exe is the desktop window manager for Windows. If you check Reliability History it may give you a more detailed crash report. Generally, it's a shell extension that causes the crash but it wouldn't surprise me if it just ran out of resources due to the stress test.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

8 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

DWM.exe is the desktop window manager for Windows. If you check Reliability History it may give you a more detailed crash report. Generally, it's a shell extension that causes the crash but it wouldn't surprise me if it just ran out of resources due to the stress test.

im adding the errors file with the prime95 test ran for 1 hour

as   far i know the test went fine, no? otherwise it would  shown any errors in  it or so i think

event1000error.PNG

eventerror0.PNG

prime95test.PNG

That's still event viewer instead of reliability viewer but yeah, looks like the it just ran out of resources and automatically restarted the Window Manager, you should be fine.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

11 hours ago, rcmaehl said:

imagen.thumb.png.d60b87230543f6137662897002543c93.png

is this what you meant btw?