Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

UEFI BIOS Settings won't show up (black screen)

So I've been trying to get into my BIOS settings after a few tweaks for a hackintosh, which turned out to be a fail and now I want to stick to windows. Everything works fine until I've bought a USB Expansion Card and tried to install that, but need to make changes to my BIOS settings in order for it to work. I tried jumping the CMOS and removing the coin battery, and still nothing works. the PC is fairly new and I built it in August 2020. Any help will be awesome. 

Specs:

i5-10500

ASUS TUF Z490+ Gaming (Wi-FI)

Corsair Vengeance 32gb kit x2 

ASUS Dual RX 580 Series

750W PSU

Welcome to LTT forums!

Can you boot to BIOS after removing the USB card? Can you get into Windows with the card installed? If you can, then go to Settings > Advanced Startup > Restart Now > [something about changing settings in UEFI] 

(basically lets you access your BIOS through Windows)

Is it plugged in? Is it turned on? Are you sure? No, really. 

Hi, thanks.

I can't seem to boot into BIOS after removing the USB Expansion Card, I can get into Windows with the USB Card installed, but anything plugged in won't read. I've tried "Settings > Advanced Startup > Restart Now > [something about changing settings in UEFI]" and it still comes as a blank black screen, waited a few minutes and still nothing happened. 

I've followed this article, 'https://www.techbout.com/reset-bios-uefi-default-settings-56839/'