Very high hash rate on Vega 56 Maybe....

Mining the KAWPOW algorithm with my Vega 56 on XMRIG with default config, gave me upwards of ~2200 MHashes a second. I looked it up to only be 20 MHashes a second. However this speed seems very unstable and only gets roughly ~200 MHashes a second on the 15 minute average. Any way I can fix this?

I think it might be a problem with your clock potentially especially if you have your mem clock to high or you have installed a Vega 64 bios. I'd try and lower your mem clocks as I usually run into stability issues with my Vega gpus if its slightly to high

3 hours ago, Civi said:

I think it might be a problem with your clock potentially especially if you have your mem clock to high or you have installed a Vega 64 bios. I'd try and lower your mem clocks as I usually run into stability issues with my Vega gpus if its slightly to high

I'm at stock clocks, I've now tried other miners, none report anything close to this I'm assuming it was just reporting wrong, however I thought I may not be correct.

6 hours ago, Poet129 said:

I'm at stock clocks, I've now tried other miners, none report anything close to this I'm assuming it was just reporting wrong, however I thought I may not be correct.

If it's a single miner reporting these high values I'm inclined to say it is reporting wrong. What you could do is take a mining calculator and compare the projected revenue with the revenue you are getting. Then you see if you actually get the 2200 MH/s coin equivalent or the one that is expected.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

9 hours ago, tikker said:

If it's a single miner reporting these high values I'm inclined to say it is reporting wrong. What you could do is take a mining calculator and compare the projected revenue with the revenue you are getting. Then you see if you actually get the 2200 MH/s coin equivalent or the one that is expected.

I get about the same value between both the miners I've tested one reporting 20-25MH/s, the other reporting spikes of 2200MH/s and an average of 220MH/s. I'm pretty sure it is reporting wrong. XMRIG is the one reporting wrong on OPENCL if anyone is curious.

16 hours ago, Poet129 said:

I get about the same value between both the miners I've tested one reporting 20-25MH/s, the other reporting spikes of 2200MH/s and an average of 220MH/s. I'm pretty sure it is reporting wrong. XMRIG is the one reporting wrong on OPENCL if anyone is curious.

Yeah it's probably just reporting wrong then.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB