my galax rtx 3090 artifacting

dezan

No, 99% alcohol will not kill the card.

Jayz2cents has a video on this already where he used submerged 99% alcohol to clean a 3090 of Vaseline and paste and other gunk after a LN2 run.

17 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

That's a false reading

Thats what i thought and why i asked… i couldnt imagine it using anywhere close to these values without blowing up (but i didnt know how much these cards actually  use either obviously) Seems its not *that* far off however…

We'd still need to see the pcb, etc imo, i mean we know its malfunctioning but how did this happen? my bets are still on wrong mount and misplaced cooling pads or something . 🤷‍♂️

9 hours ago, dezan said:

because now i still can used it.

are you sure???

On 7/25/2021 at 8:58 PM, dezan said:

Screenshot_20210725-231636.jpg

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

38 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Thats what i thought and why i asked… i couldnt imagine it using anywhere close to these values without blowing up (but i didnt know how much these cards actually  use either obviously) Seems its not *that* far off however…

We'd still need to see the pcb, etc imo, i mean we know its malfunctioning but how did this happen? my bets are still on wrong mount and misplaced cooling pads or something . 🤷‍♂️

are you sure???

Either he damaged the card, broke off a resistor, scratched a trace or circuit, static shocked something, or he did a shunt mod and failed at it.

Now I have seen cards defective from the factory bone stock.  One guy had a Zotac (I think) have a *400W* power draw at IDLE from an 8 pin #1 connector, 0W from 8 pin #2, and "Total board power" (TDP) was reporting at 16W.  This is caused by something seriously broken causing the "SRC" chip to report an absurd power draw all from one connector.  Card was running at 210 mhz at all times and hammering the power limit.  RMA city.

On various forums, I've only seen three total cards defective like this since the Ampere cards were released.

10 hours ago, dezan said:

if i submerged it in 99% alcohol, and dried it completely, is there any chance that this card will die? because now i still can used it.

What's your location?  Are you in the States?  California?

11 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

no, i lived in indonesia

12 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

are you sure???

it's good when i mined on it

12 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

do you wanna see the pcb?

15 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

Either he damaged the card, broke off a resistor, scratched a trace or circuit, static shocked something, or he did a shunt mod and failed at it.

Now I have seen cards defective from the factory bone stock.  One guy had a Zotac (I think) have a *400W* power draw at IDLE from an 8 pin #1 connector, 0W from 8 pin #2, and "Total board power" (TDP) was reporting at 16W.  This is caused by something seriously broken causing the "SRC" chip to report an absurd power draw all from one connector.  Card was running at 210 mhz at all times and hammering the power limit.  RMA city.

On various forums, I've only seen three total cards defective like this since the Ampere cards were released.

this is when i opened it for the first time, I'm working on carpet 😭

Screenshot_20210728-184503.jpg

• 11 months later...