Ryzen 5700G Already Being Marked WAY UP.

Uttamattamakin
On 7/24/2021 at 11:48 AM, Uttamattamakin said:

My thoughts

This makes no sense at all..... 

.......So it might be worth lining up at a Microcenter or Best buy for it. 

So much contradiction. 

On 7/28/2021 at 6:20 PM, ouroesa said:

So much contradiction. 

Hey man I need those 8 cores and 16 threads with AMD graphics like a crack whore needs crack.  The CCX in it would be the same ones found in the 5950X and some Threadripper or EPYC chips.  Looking at it that way I'll take it.   A HUGE upgrade from a 3200g

A little update on this.  The only store I've found that has it up online is Amazon, it is a pre order, and the price is OMG. $1000.  At that point one should just buy a pre built OEM machine and salvage the parts or ... just forget about DIY for a generation of hardware.  This is as of 2 AM central US time.

image.thumb.png.4212eabb472f5367b71edd107a017a64.png

Since this CPU would be one of the most attractive for people building a PC now, makes sense that it would get marked up initially.

Then again, don't most CPU's get marked up upon release slightly, only to come down after a couple of weeks / months when supply becomes plentiful? I think this has been the norm way before the chip shortages. I remember the 9900K and the like being marked up when they first released.

23 minutes ago, Uttamattamakin said:

A little update on this.  The only store I've found that has it up online is Amazon, it is a pre order, and the price is OMG. $1000.  At that point one should just buy a pre built OEM machine and salvage the parts or ... just forget about DIY for a generation of hardware.  This is as of 2 AM central US time.

This is a third party seller, so purely speculation on their part. I would pay no mind to it, until the CPU actually launches (August 11 I believe).

I expect it to sell from reputable sellers for a small markup initially (like the OP said 10-15%), unless AMD is unable to make enough of them. I would hope they have been manufacturing / stockpiling before launch to prevent too many issues. 

Not getting it.  Afaik  It’s a low powered 3700x with a Vega apu on it, and not even an especially hot vega. A 2019 tech thing. It’s just not that great. Kinda handy for some applications but nothing special. Is there something I’m missing here?  

if it were a better running 5800 or if it had the equivelant of a 5700 for an apu I could see it maybe but my understanding is it just doesn’t.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Not getting it.  Afaik  It’s a low powered 3700x with a Vega apu on it. A 2019 tech thing. It’s just not that great. Kinda handy for some applications but nothing special. Is there something I’m missing here?  

It makes sense if you want to go AMD but cannot get a graphics card you want right now. Scalping makes it unappealing, but at MSRP it would be a great stopgap for many people.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

3 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

It makes sense if you want to go AMD but cannot get a graphics card you want right now. Scalping makes it unappealing, but at MSRP it would be a great stopgap for many people.

But it doesn’t because the apu isn’t that good AND the cpu isn’t all that good.  It’s OK, but an 11700 not even k can beat the pants off it in several directions. 1050tis are still around and they’re tons faster than that apu.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

10 minutes ago, maartendc said:

This is a third party seller, so purely speculation on their part. I would pay no mind to it, until the CPU actually launches (August 11 I believe).

I expect it to sell from reputable sellers for a small markup initially (like the OP said 10-15%), unless AMD is unable to make enough of them. I would hope they have been manufacturing / stockpiling before launch to prevent too many issues. 

No it supposedly launces today...but maybe you are right. 

Just now, Bombastinator said:

But it doesn’t because the apu isn’t that good. 1050tis are still around and they’re tons faster than that apu.

Not really. You have to look at it as an upgrade for people who have an APU based AMD build if you have a rise in 3200 G or 3400 G this is an enormous upgrade.  

Also it's not as good as the 3800 X but it lags it by like say one to 10% 5% on average.  So you would be gaming at 90 FPS instead of 110. On the monitors most people use it wouldn't make a difference and with a discrete GPU that difference goes away or becomes even less significant.

None of that would really explain why it should be $1000 when at that point you might as well just get a 5800 X and a GPU.  

Just now, Uttamattamakin said:

Not really. You have to look at it as an upgrade for people who have an APU based AMD build if you have a rise in 3200 G or 3400 G this is an enormous upgrade.  

Also it's not as good as the 3800 X but it lags it by like say one to 10% 5% on average.  So you would be gaming at 90 FPS instead of 110. On the monitors most people use it wouldn't make a difference and with a discrete GPU that difference goes away or becomes even less significant.

None of that would really explain why it should be $1000 when at that point you might as well just get a 5800 X and a GPU.  

Ok.  There is a place it would make sense.  It will crush a 3200g. How many people bought those though?

7 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

But it doesn’t because the apu isn’t that good AND the cpu isn’t all that good.  It’s OK, but an 11700 not even k can beat the pants off it in several directions. 1050tis are still around and they’re tons faster than that apu.

Real question here, are 1050 Tis outside the realm of scalpers? Also, my 2700x seems fine and I know the 3700x is much better, seems like the processor side would be more than enough for someone building a mid-range gaming system.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

8 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Not getting it.  Afaik  It’s a low powered 3700x with a Vega apu on it, and not even an especially hot vega. A 2019 tech thing. It’s just not that great. Kinda handy for some applications but nothing special. Is there something I’m missing here?  

if it were a better running 5800 or if it had the equivelant of a 5700 for an apu I could see it maybe but my understanding is it just doesn’t.

Not quite, it sits between the 3700X and 5800X in terms of CPU performance, so really compelling CPU performance for an 8 core APU. It is a proper Zen 3 part.

It might be "just vega" but it is still the fastest integrated graphics on the market today, and much faster than the 3400G graphics, despite the same "Vega" naming. Very compelling in the GPU market we are in. You can always upgrade GPU later, but this will get you up and running.

If I was in the market for a new system, this is exactly what I would buy currently.

5 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

Real question here, are 1050 Tis outside the realm of scalpers? Also, my 2700x seems fine and I know the 3700x is much better, seems like it would be more than enough for someone building a mid-range gaming system.

My understanding is they weren’t and then they were. I saw a statement this evening for someone saying he was planning to drop a Benjamin on one.  More than it’s worth perhaps but only by $20 or so.  The replacement for more out of date AMD apus makes some sense, but I don’t think the market is that big. How does a slightly tamped down 3700x and a vega11 go for more than a 5600 and a 1050ti?  Uses less power I guess but makes less power too.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

My understanding is they weren’t and then they were. I saw a statement this evening for someone saying he was planning to drop a Benjamin on one.  More than it’s worth perhaps but only by $20 or so.  The replacement for more out of date AMD apus makes some sense, but I don’t think the market is that big. How does a slightly tamped down 3700x and a vega11 go for more than a 5600 and a 1050ti?  Uses less power I guess but makes less power too.

Again, 5700G is faster than 3700X.

But I agree, 1050Ti would be a good budget GPU to get for the time being at a $100, and you would have a wider choice of CPU. If you don't want to deal with buying used GPU's, the 5700G is a compelling product.

6 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

Real question here, are 1050 Tis outside the realm of scalpers? Also, my 2700x seems fine and I know the 3700x is much better, seems like the processor side would be more than enough for someone building a mid-range gaming system.

It’s got higher single thread, less grumpiness about memory, and twitch more compatibility in general, a 2700 needs some OC to beat a console, but that’s doable. If you’re using it for stuff where FPS isn’t truly critical I don’t see much actually wrong with one.

1 minute ago, maartendc said:

Again, 5700G is faster than 3700X.

But I agree, 1050Ti would be a good budget GPU to get for the time being at a $100, and you would have a wider choice of CPU. If you don't want to deal with buying used GPU's, the 5700G is a compelling product.

If it’s faster that’s a different thing.  My understanding was it was slower. Are you saying it’s NOT Ryzen2 on a reduced power budget? 

6 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

If it’s faster that’s a different thing.  My understanding was it was slower. Are you saying it’s NOT Ryzen2 on a reduced power budget? 

5700G is a proper Zen 3 part. Full reviews are already out there. 

Its more like a 5800X with less cache and lower power draw. 

https://youtu.be/xKXMy0lUBhw

4 minutes ago, maartendc said:

5700G is a proper Zen 3 part. Full reviews are already out there. 

Its more like a 5800X with less cache and lower power draw. 

https://youtu.be/xKXMy0lUBhw

So it’s a 5800 cpu not a 3700 cpu.  That isn’t how AMD generally does things. Could happen though I spose. The 5800 did draw more power than was convenient.

Edited by Bombastinator

12 minutes ago, spkry said:

hopefully it's just the first supply wave that's getting marked up, and the next wave of supply will be cheaper. i planned to get 5600g for my next build 😞

Why would they mark up something that you can get through AMD?

Spoiler

image.png.a77d9f977b5bb9188484de3503d7892b.png

@BombastinatorI don't necessarily think the 5700g is anything super special. That being said, at this price difference it's pretty compelling.

Spoiler

image.png.516e5cf336026c2159006a1286a321e2.png

The 3700x dropping to $290 makes the 5700g a little harder to look at though. Depends on what you want I guess. For and AMD APU it's worth a look. For an AMD CPU, it's.....okay....

Edit: @UttamattamakinThey're on Newegg and AMD now for $359 USD. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

7 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Ok.  There is a place it would make sense.  It will crush a 3200g. How many people bought those though?

Anyone building a computer during the early pandemic.  Not to mention all of the OEM systems that had the 3200g and 3400g and the Athlon 3000  For any of those the 5700g is a HUGE upgrade.  Lots of people in lots of places can only afford such systems in the best of times. 

Well in Europe too and weirdly my usual online retailer sells the 5700g at 419€ they usually are more expensive than amazon for example but on amazon the cheapest I can find is 489€ but it's not sold by amazon directly. At 419€ it's actually not too bad but I've seen it at 379€ on German website caseking.de so I wished the price was closer to that but well...

13 hours ago, Elvara said:

Well in Europe too and weirdly my usual online retailer sells the 5700g at 419€ they usually are more expensive than amazon for example but on amazon the cheapest I can find is 489€ but it's not sold by amazon directly. At 419€ it's actually not too bad but I've seen it at 379€ on German website caseking.de so I wished the price was closer to that but well...

I got one at MSRP US ....

BUT due to a bios update... did something worthy of its own thread.