DLSS Ghosting in F1 2021

Watercooledguy
Go to solution Solved by xAcid9,

I don't know which one F1 2021 use, try latest or slightly older DLSS dll. You can download at Techpowerup. 

Hello, I was wondering if anyone was experiencing this issue in this game or other games. If you look at the antenna on the nose of the car, you can see a "ghost" image of it close to it. This is really noticeable going through turns, but I couldn't take the screenshot and drive through the turn at the same time, that's why the screenshot is on the straight part of the track. You also see the ghosting on other cars when they are near you. Anyways. My monitor is an LG 32GK650G 165Hz screen, and I am running a Strix 2070 Super, up to date drivers, with all settings in game at max at 1440p with dlss on and the game runs perfectly smooth. If I turn off dlss and switch it to TAA, then the ghosting goes away, but doesn't look near as good. If anyone knows of a setting I'm needing to change to fix this or if you want/need any more info, I will try to respond asap. 

dlss f1 2021.jpg

I don't know which one F1 2021 use, try latest or slightly older DLSS dll. You can download at Techpowerup. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 hour ago, xAcid9 said:

Thank you so very much. I found the file on techpowerup site and cross referenced it with the file that came with F1 2021. The file that comes with the game is 2.2.9 and the newest one on techpowerup site is 2.2.11. I downloaded the new dll file and put it into the game folder replacing the original one and it has helped so much with the ghosting. It hasn't eliminated it, but it's hardly noticeable now which I can totally deal with. Thanks again. You are a MVP. 

That's pretty neat if DLSS can be updated this way in games by just swapping the DLL file. So you're not stuck with garbage version that comes with the game.

On 7/24/2021 at 5:48 AM, Watercooledguy said:

Thank you so very much. I found the file on techpowerup site and cross referenced it with the file that came with F1 2021. The file that comes with the game is 2.2.9 and the newest one on techpowerup site is 2.2.11. I downloaded the new dll file and put it into the game folder replacing the original one and it has helped so much with the ghosting. It hasn't eliminated it, but it's hardly noticeable now which I can totally deal with. Thanks again. You are a MVP. 

EDIT EDIT: I now got it to work fully, I used 2.2.10 instead of 2.2.11.

EDIT: I got it to work, had to download the latest NVIDIA driver. However, the ghosting is still the same. Terrible...

I tried the same, it didn't work for me. As soon as I replace the file, the game will not display anything (black) as soon as I start a race. I downloaded the same file, 2.2.11 wrote it over the 2.2.9 in the main folder of F1 2021. I also tried removing the 2.2.9 version first and then adding the 2.2.11. No success. Any tips?