Forcing a gpu engine for apps in Windows 10

Hyrules

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this should be in Windows 10 subforum or in the graphic card one but here I go.

I have 2 video cards in my computer. A 3060 for my secondary monitors (2) and a 3090 for my main monitor (gaming) and vr (Not enough display port to run 3 monitor 4k@144hz and 1 valve index). After some digging and taking a look at the task manager I'm surprised to see that even if the secondary monitors are plugged in the 3060 the rendering engin in windows 10 is still GPU-0 which is my 3090 so basically the 3060 is a passthrough. Anyone know if there is a way to force applications or the os to use the other video card to render ? I know of the option Graphics settings in Windows 10 settings but the only option I have is my 3090 as show in the attached screenshot. There is also no option in the Nvidia control panel to choose the GPU. Any help would be appreciated if this is possible.

image.thumb.png.c0737957071a333f28c1679c499fcea9.png

Some applications will let you chose which GPU to use (like some games, some web browsers with tweaks) other than that you don't have any other option. 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

This seems to match what I have found at the moment. Thanks for your input.

Edit: Some app do indeed use the secondary GPU (like Movies and TV in windows 10) if they are on the secondary monitor but Edge does not for some reason.

Edited by Hyrules