RESOLUTION STUCK AT 640X480

kiki4431

Hello

I have a problem with my work computer's GPU (the computer serves for invoices and other bussiness related documents).

I'm not sure what GPU is inside (radeon hd 7000 probably, or even older), it doesn't really matter, since it just died.

That I'm possitive, the problems first started as screen discoloration, than there were some driver issues and than the screen completelly blackened (I could still use the computer and write invoices via Team Viewer from another PC), these problems manifested in order during a week or so, now as I was writing an invoice (from another PC via Team Wiewer), suddentlly I lost a connection, thought at first, a network problem, they do happen from time to time, but the connection wasn't restored, so I walked into another room (where the PC was located), and it was off - as I approached it there was that known burned smell, I opened up the PC, and the GPU had burn traces near some inductors and capacitors. I did managed to power up the PC again, however as expected the BIOS reported GPU error, strange but afterwards it did boot into windows and I was able to connect again via Team Viewer, even though my screen is really small on FHD monitor, I thought at least it works that far. 

The problem was after I tried to return to my work, The invoice program wouldn't start, saying that the minimal resolution for the program is 800x600, tried going into windows settings to change resolution, but it was grayed out and the only option was 640x480.

The device manager doesn't detect any GPU at all, not even Microsoft Basic Video Adapter.

I really need the program to work even for short term, I need it to run my bussiness, and I can't get another GPU untill mid-late next week.

My question is: Is there a way to run the program on this resolution, even though the requirement is 800x600?

Or is there a way to hack/trick the program that the resolution is 800x600 - tried compatibillity mode tu run on 640x480 - didn't work

I am aware that there might be other issues if this were possible, but like I said I need the short term solution untill new GPU arrives.

The program in question is Synesis, but it was developed in my country for the local bussiness purposes, I doubt that any of you might be familiar with it - also can't get in touch with development team untill Monday, and I have a work day tomorow.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thank you

Get a new gpu before you burn your business down or buy a used biz machine that can handle it.

exactly my plan, but like I said I can't get any of those in such short time