Dell Inspiron 15 3593 Performance Issues (plz its driving me crazy)

TheSticknation

SPECS: CPU: Intel Core I7-1065G7 @ 1.30 GHZ (3.9 GHZ boost)
              GPU: Nvidia Geforce MX230 4GB
              MEMORY: SODIMM 8 GB (1x8) @ 2666 MHZ
              HDD: Seagate Mobile ST1000LM035-1RK172 1TB 2.5" SATA HDD

Problem: THIS THING IS SLOW. Ever since I got it, it never felt like it was performing as it was supposed to.
It had some really weird slow downs, but those stopped after going to the bios and disabling Intel Speedstep. 
However, when Idle, the Clock speeds keep changing between 1.9~3.7. also it idles at about 65~75C while nothing is running.
And the MOMENT any load comes up, Clock speeds shoot up to 3.8 GHZ and the temps to 100C and stay there for about 10~15 seconds before thermal throttling and then power throttling. (Monitored using Throttlestop)
I resorted to Throttlestop to try to do anything about it, but didnt really help with anything. Tried undervolting and stuff, Didn't do anything....
The only way i found for using this thing "Normally" Was to either disable turbo completely, making it stuck at 1.30 GHZ, or going to power plan options>Maximum processor state and setting that to 99%, Effectively locking it at 1.34~1.38 GHZ, But temps are reasonable, 45~50 at idle, 85~90 under load. But those are some ridiculous measures just to operate it "normally"! I'm supposed to be able to use its turbo speeds normally without it burning itself, right?

Ive seen people with the i5 variation of this laptop, and theirs perform better! My friend even has an i5-4310M and his laptop is ALSO performing better than this one. with better thermals too! (oh, and it's used as well)

A thing i tried was just a clean install of windows, drivers and stuff. and even factory resetting the bios. Again, Speedstep was causing the clock speeds to fluctuate too much, and in games you would get these MASSIVE slowdowns randomly that last about 1~2.5 seconds then the game resumes normally, then slowdown, and so on....so i disabled it.
I tried the (Passmark) Cpu benchmark, And according to its database, this CPU is supposed to score ~8400 (Some guy got to 11K+, How tf?!), But mine would score 6000~7300. (Temps are 100C during the whole thing).

Desktop also chokes REALL hard at random times, Disk reaches 100% usage for no reason at all. some programs take FOREVER to load, or just freeze for about 10~30 seconds then working.....and i can't see why.

I tried many things, now i'm stumped. Help is very much appreciated and I'm ready to supply any extra information needed.          

1 hour ago, TheSticknation said:

Desktop also chokes REALL hard at random times, Disk reaches 100% usage for no reason at all. some programs take FOREVER to load, or just freeze for about 10~30 seconds then working.....and i can't see why.

That's simply because you have an HDD and not an SSD. Pretty much useless as a main drive in this day and age.

I'm supposed to be able to use its turbo speeds normally without it burning itself, right?

In laptops it's pretty standard to run the CPU to the redline.

Ive seen people with the i5 variation of this laptop, and theirs perform better! My friend even has an i5-4310M and his laptop is ALSO performing better than this one. with better thermals too! (oh, and it's used as well)

Not very surprising, common with Apple too, the higher spec CPU performing worse than a lower spec one because the chassis isn't able to get rid of the extra heat.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Oh I didn't know about that. Well, maybe the SSD part. But the processor thing is new.

2 hours ago, Kilrah said:

In laptops it's pretty standard to run the CPU to the redline.

I guess i had my expectations a bit too high, i'm still new to this. (Laptops especially)

Is there really nothing i can do besides getting an SSD? Will another 8GB memory chip do anything? (I have both in consideration. just dont know which to get first)
Also is there no way to deal with the thermals?

SSD is the first thing to upgrade, even if you turn out not to have enough RAM it'll make a world of difference as the excess will now be put on a fast drive instead of a slow HDD.

Not much to do about temps.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2