Personalize / pimp a "bland" but high-end rig.

Hey all. Was considering putting this in the "new builds + planning" category but figured this one may be a better fit.

So I've had my rig since November. Absolutely love it. 5800x  + 3070FE. While it's definitely still a crazy powerhouse, I'm looking to pimp it up a little bit. Not necessarily performance / core component wise, but primarily just adding a bit of personality. I've always been all about that personality in the stuff I own (that's right baby, dbrand all the things). Since taking this photo, I've put some electrical tape over the pink stickers on the lower sata ports and around the front panel connector cables on my motherboard, but that's about it. I'm definitely looking into some cablemod cables at the moment. Custom fan grills and GPU backplates are also definitely on my radar.

I'm mostly looking for any suggestions on what you have done / know what can be done to add the extra bit of personality to my rig. Would love any and all ideas! Thanks yall for your time. Appreciate it 🙂

Thanks!

- Max "professional misallocater of funds" Parker

CC1FAEA0-DDDB-459E-9655-A66A695F0BB8.thumb.jpeg.99d967ae80e25f9e64bcdff1926c948d.jpeg

can't go wrong with adding some figures of your favorite characters to liven up a rig.

My Example:

PXL_20210405_214422257.thumb.jpg.351596b4ff80de4f0744910827547a05.jpg

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

13 minutes ago, maxparker said:

Hey all. Was considering putting this in the "new builds + planning" category but figured this one may be a better fit.

So I've had my rig since November. Absolutely love it. 5800x  + 3070FE. While it's definitely still a crazy powerhouse, I'm looking to pimp it up a little bit. Not necessarily performance / core component wise, but primarily just adding a bit of personality. I've always been all about that personality in the stuff I own (that's right baby, dbrand all the things). Since taking this photo, I've put some electrical tape over the pink stickers on the lower sata ports and around the front panel connector cables on my motherboard, but that's about it. I'm definitely looking into some cablemod cables at the moment. Custom fan grills and GPU backplates are also definitely on my radar.

I'm mostly looking for any suggestions on what you have done / know what can be done to add the extra bit of personality to my rig. Would love any and all ideas! Thanks yall for your time. Appreciate it 🙂

Thanks!

- Max "professional misallocater of funds" Parker

CC1FAEA0-DDDB-459E-9655-A66A695F0BB8.thumb.jpeg.99d967ae80e25f9e64bcdff1926c948d.jpeg

Rip airflow and temps

Actually looks decent but only things id criticise is the case (garbage airflow) and the ram (extremely overpriced, tforce rgb is a good alternative)

If you like clean then yea its a good looking build

Not reslly sure on how to personalise a build cause tbh im already happy with my lga 775 computer sitting on top of a cardboard box just cause i can overclock and abuse the shit out of it and the thing wont die xD

Maybe look into hydro dipping some of your case panels

case sucks nuts

btw electrical tap will have dust stick too it...i use to do it as a poor mans mods for ketchup and mustered cables back in the day. also it will unravle it self over time so i used zips to keep it there.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links