Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

srry if this is not allowed, but.....

hey guys, sorry if this is not allow but i thought i might as well try. my little brother's pc has unfortunetly spit out a dead gtx 970. we were already in the process of upgrading everything else, but now with gpu prices still sky high....... its gonna be a challenge.

my brother josh is trying to get into freelance work for video editing. i came up with this parts list to upgrade him to some more modern

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9zfDLP

but to get down to it, is there anybody in the community you would be willing to sell to me a gtx 970 or better at a reasonible price? i just need it to be reliable and affordable. willing to negotiate on price.

thanks again

Well at least you're not begging for free stuff...
Unfortunately, still technically begging for discounted stuff

• No begging for free or discounted things, asking for donations, GoFundMe's, or any similar content.

I doubt you will find anyone feeling generous enough to undersell their GPU instead of selling them at current market value. Sorry.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB(upgrade pending) / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just now, jhogan93 said:

-snip-

You can try going to a local PC parts shop, usually computer repair places have those. I have a pretty similar build except with Corsair 32GB of RAM and the stock AMD cooler and it runs all of my Adobe software really well, even editing multicam 4K if it's transcoded properly. I don't think you'll need an AIO for a 3700x, since even mine can manage up to 4.3 GHz with just the stock cooler.

Quote or mention me or I won't be notified of your reply!

Main Rig: R7 3700x New!, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB, ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming New!, Corsair RGB 2x16GB 3200MHz New!, 512GB Crucial P5, 120GB Samsung SSD, 1TB Segate SSHD, 2TB Barracuda HDD

AccessoriesAcer R240HY, AOC 2267W, Samsung SyncMaster B2239Razer Cyanosa Chrome, Logitech G502, Behringer UMC202HD, Newwer NW-700, Mackie CR4BT, Audio-Technica ATH-M20x

Other Tech: iPhone XS 64GB, Nintendo 3DS XL (Snapped), Apple Watch Series 2, Airpods, Nintendo Switch, Retro Consoles, Vizio 32" Smart TV

Links: My beautiful sketchy case | My website

3 minutes ago, jhogan93 said:

but to get down to it, is there anybody in the community you would be willing to sell to me a gtx 970 or better at a reasonible price? i just need it to be reliable and affordable.

thanks again

We have a classifieds section

https://linustechtips.com/forum/89-classifieds/

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

6 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Well at least you're not begging for free stuff...
Unfortunately, still technically begging for discounted stuff

I doubt you will find anyone feeling generous enough to undersell their GPU instead of selling them at current market value. Sorry.

im just asking for reasonable. im not asking for someone to sell their 3090 for $100. we can negotiate on price. 

15 hours ago, jhogan93 said:

im just asking for reasonable. im not asking for someone to sell their 3090 for $100. we can negotiate on price. 

As another moderator pointed out above, please use the classified section.

* thread locked *

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

VPN server guide

Introduction to Mechanical Keyboard

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 512GB SU800 SSD Storage: 2x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in