I updated MSI GT70 2OC to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 and it got extremely slow - barely usable

Like I said in a title. I updated my MSI GT70 2OC to Windows 10 and suddenly entire laptop works awfully. Video games went from 60FPS on high, to 20FPS in minimal settings, even chrome lags when I open few tabs. I asked my friend who knows more about laptops and stuff and he said that's because MSI blocked my BIOS or whatever that means and my CPU and GPU are limited because MSI doesn't want me to update my Windows to newer version, but to buy a new laptop. I can't go back to Windows 8 that it originally had because I have no idea what was W8 registration key and I really don't want to buy W8 just for that reason when W10 is such a better OS.

For example, when I play Overwatch on minimal settings (I used to play it on maximum and had 60 fps), I'm getting about 20-30FPS but my CPU and GPU work on like 30% usage. 70% of GPU usage is not being used.

Are there any solutions to my problem or did I destroyed my laptop just because I wanted to have Windows 10 that feels like must-have these days.

Ps. I installed/updated my drivers from MSI website, but it didn't do anything. Some drivers (like lights for keyboard) are not even supported by Windows 10, but it's whatever, I don't need full RGB experience. I just want to get usable laptop again. Right now MSI website seems to be down for whatever reason.

Specs:

https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GT70-2OC/Specification

and some actual specs of my current laptop:

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Please I'm desparate, help me.

I asked my friend who knows more about laptops and stuff and he said that's because MSI blocked my BIOS or whatever that means

Your friend sounds like he doesn't know shit.

Did you clean and reinstall the graphics drivers for your GPU after you switched to Windows 10?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

On 7/25/2021 at 4:43 AM, Middcore said:

Your friend sounds like he doesn't know shit.

Did you clean and reinstall the graphics drivers for your GPU after you switched to Windows 10?

Yes I did