NEED HELP SELECTING LAPTOPS

So I am looking to buy a laptop here are some laptops I have shortlisted so far. (As per availability in my market)

Dell latitude i5-6500u 8g ram and SSD - 28500₹ (380$) (the body is high quality)

HP Elitebook - i7-7500u 16gb ram and SSD - 48500₹ (646$)(metal body + touch) (soldered ram, but it's 16gb so Idt I'll need any upgrades)

Asus vivobook - Ryzen 5 -3500u - 4gb ram (I will have to add more) and SSD - 43000₹ (573$) (one dimm slot)

Avita (idk the model) - Ryzen 5 - 3500u - 8gb ram and SSD - 39500₹ (527$) (metal body) (soldered ram)

All are 14inches 

I am looking for a laptop which will not become e-waste after 4-5years. 

I should also add that I am not going to use them for gaming (maybe a little bit of minecraft here and there)

what do you plan on using this laptop for?

what is your budget?

any reason why you picked those in particular?

what programs will you be running?

if you use chrome, how many tabs do you usually have open?

47 minutes ago, Nyan_sama said:

So I am looking to buy a laptop here are some laptops I have shortlisted so far. (As per availability in my market)

Dell latitude i5-6500u 8g ram and SSD - 28500₹ (380$) (the body is high quality)

HP Elitebook - i7-7500u 16gb ram and SSD - 48500₹ (646$)(metal body + touch) (soldered ram, but it's 16gb so Idt I'll need any upgrades)

Asus vivobook - Ryzen 5 -3500u - 4gb ram (I will have to add more) and SSD - 43000₹ (573$) (one dimm slot)

Avita (idk the model) - Ryzen 5 - 3500u - 8gb ram and SSD - 39500₹ (527$) (metal body) (soldered ram)

All are 14inches 

Predicting the future is hard. By that I take it you mean something that will run windows 11 (a difficult thing to predict, currently)  and that doesn’t have glued in batteries.  I would avoid anything that allows only 8gb of ram just in general, which kills the bottom one I think from the way it is written. HP and Dell generally have a history of good parts availability, though those parts aren’t necessarily cheap. 

the ryzen CPUs are 4/8 which means they’re not the 8/16 ones that are making all the good press.  

the intel stuff is a bit confusing.  The only 6500u I can find is an i7. This doesn’t sound right.  I am at least finding an i7 7500u. It is apparently A 2/4 cpu launched in 2016.  So not a new design. Both intel machines will have problems running many pieces of software at once.  2/4 and u is not a lot of not very fast threads. 

I personally would rather have a 4/8 than a 2/4 even if it’s a slow one, but the intel one is old enough that it needs to be confirmed whether these things will run win11 or not, and I just don’t know. These are not high powered machines and they are not super new.  There are apparently several requirements for easy to deal with win11 stuff.  It might be the better part of valor to see if these have such. 

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

46 minutes ago, Nyan_sama said:

All are 14inches 

I should also add that I am not going to use them for gaming (maybe a little bit of minecraft here and there)

basically every laptop after 3 years is kinda gargabage

8 minutes ago, TheBean said:

what do you plan on using this laptop for?

what is your budget?

any reason why you picked those in particular?

what programs will you be running?

if you use chrome, how many tabs do you usually have open?

true

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |

13 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Predicting the future is hard. By that I take it you mean something that will run windows 11 (a difficult thing to predict, currently)  and that doesn’t have glued in batteries.  I would avoid anything that allows only 8gb of ram just in general, which kills the bottom one I think from the way it is written. HP and Dell generally have a history good parts availability, though those parts aren’t necessarily cheap. 

the ryzen CPUs are 4/8 which means they’re not the 8/16 ones that are making all the good press.  

the intel stuff is a bit confusing.  The only 6500u I can find is an i7. This doesn’t sound right.  I am at least finding an i7 7500u. It is apparently A 2/4 cpu launched in 2016.  So not a new design. Both intel machines will have problems running many pieces of software at once.  2/4 and u is not a lot of not very fast threads. 

I personally would rather have a 4/8 than a 2/4 even if it’s a slow one, but the intel one is old enough that it needs to be confirmed whether these things will run win11 or not, and I just don’t know. These are not high powered machines and they are not super new.  There are apparently several requirements for easy to deal with win11 stuff.  It might be the better part of valor to see if these have such. 

intel U chip before 8th gen is crapped anyway. at minimum for intel U chip is 8th gen. even better 10th gen which is not in option. ryzen far better

but this is comparison with chip and ram only. if we were talking about body, display, battery etc. most of the fall in same line.

Spec: Macbook Air 2017    

ProcessorPU: ii5 (I5-5350U |    

| RAM: 8GB LPDDR3 |

| Storage: 128GB SSD 

| GPU: Intel HD 6000 |

| Audio: JBL 450BT Wireless Headset |