Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am looking to change my basic 31.5 wide by 53 long desktop with something around 72-74 inches while keeping the depth of 30inches at least. Would be looking for something made out of wood for something solid and of quality... i have a 400-525$ budget. 

 

Where should i start looking as most counter top options are not wide enough for what i want.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, geo3 said:

Ikea? 

will idea sell actual wooden desk tops of that size ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2021 at 5:34 PM, xven said:

will idea sell actual wooden desk tops of that size ?

Look at their Counter tops you might find something. But Ikea is your best bet for something cheap and easy to get. 

 

You need to be careful of some of Ikea's offerings because some of the desktops are not 100% solid wood. Which is why I suggest looking at the counter tops as they do have wood versions. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Im assuming they make butcher block countertops for large variety's of kitchen sizes.. id imagine you could find one Somewhere, I have been waiting for a pre-finished one to come into stock but its looking like ill have to buy a unfinished one and do it myself.

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Daethz said:

Im assuming they make butcher block countertops for large variety's of kitchen sizes.. id imagine you could find one Somewhere, I have been waiting for a pre-finished one to come into stock but its looking like ill have to buy a unfinished one and do it myself.

I found something for about 600$, its over my budget but i will have to do.

https://www.upliftdesk.com/solid-wood-desktops-by-uplift-desk/

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, xven said:

I found something for about 600$, its over my budget but i will have to do.

https://www.upliftdesk.com/solid-wood-desktops-by-uplift-desk/

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/karlby-countertop-for-kitchen-island-oak-veneer-50297640/

 

Found this at Ikea and its cheaper. Not a "Desktop" Per say, but a counter top will work as well. Its a bit wider though. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×