Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NVIDIA Thinks These Are Worthless

On 7/25/2021 at 6:27 AM, warpz0ne said:

I knew this day had to come eventually but even so it does bum me out a little bit. If I was still regularly gaming on PC, it would be time to start saving for an upgrade.

It was surprising though that in the video Linus talked about VRAM limitations, yet he didn't mention the 6GB cards that exist. He said something like "the 780 Ti only ever shipped with 3GB of VRAM" and that may be true, but my EVGA GTX 780 SC (non-Ti) has 6GB of VRAM on it. Thing is, I've never had a 4K or even 1440p display to test it on which is why for a moment my ears perked up and I was really hoping he would talk about 4K performance for a card like mine.

Aye, I have one of the 6GB EVGA 780 SC+ ACX 2.0 cards under an EXWB block, had it since like 2012 with my i7-3770K rig before the Z77 mobo there fragged itself and (along with external factors) forced me to build my current Monsuta build back in 2016.
I need to figure out a build that I can toss that card in to with the block (paste change of course) along with the 3770K if I can't source another Z77 board at non-scalped prices that isn't a China Brand on AliExpress.