hard drives (local disk d) turn as "unknown device"

Deropiq

as the tiitle said I have asus tuf fx504ge with 128(local disk c) ssd and 1tb hard drives (local disk d), i downgraded my bios version from 321 to 318 and it works perfectly. When i restart suddenly my bios update automatically and revert back to 321. I notice my hard drives (Local Disk D ) went missing. System recovery is not an option because i wasn't make any restore point. in the disk management system i got disk 0 "Unknown not initialized". then when i initialized it shows"device which not exist specified". 

heres all my scrensshot regarding the case. the bios didn't recognize the HDD and using disk partition 3rd party tool also can't detect it. I remember when the first time restarting after downgrading the bios version 318 to 321 i heard "clink" sound when my pc restart and my laptop automatically update the bios to 321 that is when i realize my local disk D missing. I tried to restore default setting in bios but the laptop freeze when i press "save and exit" then "ok". my boot time also went high from 3-4 sec to 60-ish second. Pls any kind suggestion or advice will be very appreciated

https://imgur.com/a/RCqSXQp

HDD faulty. If you can, try to take it out and get a replacement.

And I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE 2.5 inch HDD with 1TB or more capacity. They are very sensitive and easily broken. If you want to put HDD, I suggest to get a 500GB one. Or if you can, get a SATA SSD instead.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

2 hours ago, Deropiq said:

as the tiitle said I have asus tuf fx504ge with 128(local disk c) ssd and 1tb hard drives (local disk d), i downgraded my bios version from 321 to 318 and it works perfectly. When i restart suddenly my bios update automatically and revert back to 321. I notice my hard drives (Local Disk D ) went missing. System recovery is not an option because i wasn't make any restore point. in the disk management system i got disk 0 "Unknown not initialized". then when i initialized it shows"device which not exist specified". 

heres all my scrensshot regarding the case. the bios didn't recognize the HDD and using disk partition 3rd party tool also can't detect it. I remember when the first time restarting after downgrading the bios version 318 to 321 i heard "clink" sound when my pc restart and my laptop automatically update the bios to 321 that is when i realize my local disk D missing. I tried to restore default setting in bios but the laptop freeze when i press "save and exit" then "ok". my boot time also went high from 3-4 sec to 60-ish second. Pls any kind suggestion or advice will be very appreciated

https://imgur.com/a/RCqSXQp

I doubt you've got 2 problems at the same time.

Either you have a Bios problem or a HDD problem, both is unlickely (not impossible).

I'm willing to swim against the current.

1 hour ago, leclod said:

I doubt you've got 2 problems at the same time.

Either you have a Bios problem or a HDD problem, both is unlickely (not impossible).

What should i do? i already replace the cmos battery. How I mitigate the hdd problem?

2 hours ago, Chiyawa said:

HDD faulty. If you can, try to take it out and get a replacement.

And I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE 2.5 inch HDD with 1TB or more capacity. They are very sensitive and easily broken. If you want to put HDD, I suggest to get a 500GB one. Or if you can, get a SATA SSD instead.

thanks for the suggestion, is there anything that i can do anymore? is it  100% hdd faulty then?

4 minutes ago, Deropiq said:

thanks for the suggestion, is there anything that i can do anymore? is it  100% hdd faulty then?

Very likely. If you know any PC shop that do data recovery, you can try that, but it is slim to be able to get any data back. Problem is because the disk platter is so compact, the read/write head scraped the surface platter, rendering it totally faulty that data recovery is not possible at all. I had issues with WD, Seagate and Toshiba 2.5 inch SATA drives with 1TB capacity.

You can remove your HDD so that your system can boot faster for now.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

10 minutes ago, Deropiq said:

What should i do? i already replace the cmos battery. How I mitigate the hdd problem?

So I didn't quite understand, is the Bios problem solved ? Does your PC behave normally at least when the HDD is not connected ?

If yes,

Connect the HDD carefully, maybe try different power plug and SATA cable/port.

Don't bother Bios, does the HDD appear in Drive Manager ?

23.png

2 hours ago, Chiyawa said:

Very likely. If you know any PC shop that do data recovery, you can try that, but it is slim to be able to get any data back. Problem is because the disk platter is so compact, the read/write head scraped the surface platter, rendering it totally faulty that data recovery is not possible at all. I had issues with WD, Seagate and Toshiba 2.5 inch SATA drives with 1TB capacity.

You can remove your HDD so that your system can boot faster for now.

I see the 500 gb one is cheap in my country. so i guess ill try that 

2 hours ago, leclod said:

So I didn't quite understand, is the Bios problem solved ? Does your PC behave normally at least when the HDD is not connected ?

If yes,

Connect the HDD carefully, maybe try different power plug and SATA cable/port.

Don't bother Bios, does the HDD appear in Drive Manager ?

23.png

https://imgur.com/a/RCqSXQp u can check all the my screen shot here. it show no disk0 " unknown" "not intiliazed" and no disk space showing. Now my boot time is back to 3-4 second after i replace the cmos battery. I never try to run the pc without the hdd but right now it is totally fine but still my local disk d is missing i use laptop so the it only has 1 sata port and 1 power port like this image.png.7d0216bc8f337d9efb171ec2be94e908.png 

7 minutes ago, Deropiq said:

https://imgur.com/a/RCqSXQp u can check all the my screen shot here. it show no disk0 " unknown" "not intiliazed" and no disk space showing. Now my boot time is back to 3-4 second after i replace the cmos battery. I never try to run the pc without the hdd but right now it is totally fine but still my local disk d is missing i use laptop so the it only has 1 sata port and 1 power port like this image.png.7d0216bc8f337d9efb171ec2be94e908.png 

Ok, I understand,

So the HDD is seen but isn't accessed.

If you haven't got important data on that HDD, you could Initialize and see if this solves the problem.

If you have got important data on that HDD, there might exist software that can retrieve some.

I remember succeeding in retrieving erased data on a HDD.

Also I'd try connecting the drive to another computer.

Edit : "then when i initialized it shows"device which not exist specified". "

So you already tried this and it doesn't work ?

I'd connect the HDD to another PC and if it's the same then, yes, it's probably broken.

8 minutes ago, leclod said:

Ok, I understand,

So the HDD is seen but isn't accessed.

If you haven't got important data on that HDD, you could Initialize and see if this solves the problem.

If you have got important data on that HDD, there might exist software that can retrieve some.

I remember succeeding in retrieving erased data on a HDD.

Also I'd try connecting the drive to another computer.

Edit : "then when i initialized it shows"device which not exist specified". "

So you already tried this and it doesn't work ?

I'd connect the HDD to another PC and if it's the same then, yes, it's probably broken.

yep i already done that. probably im goona contact repair service first to see if it connect in other pc (because i dont have any other device to hahah) and if it doesnt work im just gonna buy a new one . Thanks for the help mate

34 minutes ago, Deropiq said:

yep i already done that. probably im goona contact repair service first to see if it connect in other pc (because i dont have any other device to hahah) and if it doesnt work im just gonna buy a new one . Thanks for the help mate

No, except if you're under warranty, to repair/retrieve data on a HDD is way more costly than buying a new one. And beware if you've got non legal data on it.

My Aunt tried once, she had to pay 1000usd and then she barely escaped trouble because of the data.

12 hours ago, Deropiq said:

Now my boot time is back to 3-4 second after i replace the cmos battery.

Okay. It seems your HDD controller has been reset and reporting back to BIOS as empty disk, so your BIOS return to boot OS very fast (since your HDD reporting as empty disk). Still, I'm not sure if the HDD can be use but one thing for sure is that whatever data is in there it will be hard to retrieve. Also, the HDD may not be function properly and can even failed to initialised. Best to get the HDD replaced.

3 hours ago, Chiyawa said:

Okay. It seems your HDD controller has been reset and reporting back to BIOS as empty disk, so your BIOS return to boot OS very fast (since your HDD reporting as empty disk). Still, I'm not sure if the HDD can be use but one thing for sure is that whatever data is in there it will be hard to retrieve. Also, the HDD may not be function properly and can even failed to initialised. Best to get the HDD replaced.

image.png.91d8ac58aa9d425dfa48de71fb639fa0.png

ya indeed , disk 0 reported online and detected size 0 and free 0. is there anything i can do ? i dont care the data thou i just dont wanna buy new storage from the store 😞

3 minutes ago, Deropiq said:

ya indeed , disk 0 reported online and detected size 0 and free 0. is there anything i can do ? i dont care the data thou i just dont wanna buy new storage from the store 😞

Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything you can do at this point. It is as good as paper weight. You can try to claim for warranty if your system still have, if not, just buy a new one.