Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, I have been working my way through planning a bit of a upgrade/downsize of my person machine.   My current machine is in my opinion too large for a gaming rig taking up way too much space on my desk.  I will be updating this thread as I work through this machine. Right now, a lot of parts are in route to my house or are sitting on my workspace.  

Current Setup

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700F 3 GHz 8-Core Processor   
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler   
Motherboard: MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-2666 CL15 Memory   
Storage: Western Digital SN750 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive   
Storage: Sabrent Rocket Q 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  
Storage: Seagate FireCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive   
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB SSC GAMING Video Card  
Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO ATX Desktop Case  
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply   
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit   
Monitor: Samsung LU28R550UQUXEN 28.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz Monitor  

Future Setup

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700F 3 GHz 8-Core Processor   
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  (Purchased For $212.00) 
Storage:
Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive   
Storage:
Sabrent Rocket Q 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive   
Video Card:
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB SSC GAMING Video Card   
Case:
Cooler Master MasterBox NR200P Mini ITX Desktop Case   (Ordered Black case from Newegg... got the white one, will adjust build for white)
Power Supply:
EVGA SuperNOVA GM 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply   
Operating System:
Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  
Monitor:
Samsung LU28R550UQUXEN 28.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz Monitor   
Keyboard:
Corsair K55 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard   
Mouse:
Razer Naga Trinity Wired Optical Mouse   
Custom: CPU block, DDC pump  
Custom: 2 TX XSPC 240mm radiators and all fittings 

Custom: 4 Kaze Scythe flex 120mm slim fans + 2 splitters 

Custom: Glacier D120 Distribution plate

Custom: Microcenter a-rgb fan hub   

Anything in Green, I have already on my shelf. 

Anything in Blue, I currently have a tracking for.

Ok, the layout of this will be in the next post. 

Youn

So, layout. From my questions thread in exotic cooler thread I decided upon the following set-up. 

The red block will be a Glacier D120 as a Distribution block. Note: I think I may have to flip the top 240mm radiator to get the best looking tubing run. 

Spoiler

Planned_NR200P.png.png

Ok, had to fix the being sent a white case. I just don't care for that color as the main accent. 

Frame:

Spoiler

Frame.png.fed14e4373f0c5be44974702495eba9c.png

Front and bottom, I probably won't be using the 240mm mount. 

Spoiler

Front.png

Sides, though, I am probably going to be using one of side plus the tempered glass side as I want a semi display. 

Spoiler

Sides.png

I will check them after they dry. Oddly, the camera isn't showing them quite right as they are metalic blue, which is why I am getting that weird white specs in the bottom picture as that is the flash of the camera. 

I will be leaving the mesh screens, top and psu cage white. It should be noted that there is tape masking off lines on the front panel. 

Once dry, this will receive a clear coat to finish the gloss look, I think. 

So, I will need to touch up the white in one spot at the front bottom. But this is how it turned out. 

Glass Panel off (not too worried about the light spray at the bottom, it will end up with a 240mm radiator down there covering everything. 

Spoiler

SidePaintedOpen.png

Glass Panel On

Spoiler

SidePaintedGlass.png

Metal Panel Side

Spoiler

OtherSidePainted.png

Front Glass Side (bottom white needs repaired)

Spoiler

frontpainted.png

At this point, I am waiting on the Motherboard to arrive before I can continue. 

Looks clean so far!

The Distro block will arrive tomorrow, but the motherboard says in Transit from China... so, yeah... that is probably not going to be here for a week. 

So, if I go with a Barrow Pump. I think the parts I will need are as follows:

• XSPC TX 240mm Radiator (Top)
    • two 45 degree elbows
    • two compression fittings
  • Barrow pump combo
    • two low profile 90 degree fittings
    • one end cap
  • XSPC TX 240mm Radiator (bottom) 
    • one three way T fitting (1 male, 2 female)
    • one drain valve
    • one end plug
    • one of the spare barb fittings I have laying around for drain/fill hose
  • Distro block (already purchased comes with 1 end plug)
    • four low profile 90 degree fittings
    • four compression fittings
  • Hose and fluid additives for above fittings. 

I am not going to bother water cooling the 1060 that I have. That will simply have to wait until GPU prices come down and I can find an upgrade. 

Also, 4 or 5 15mm fans. 

Fittings seem to be weird, I originally ordered 6 ekwb barbed fittings and 2 end caps for a testing phase on this. Since, I knew I would have a down period while ordering the other parts. The 6 barbed fittings have shown up but the 2 closed end fitting are still awaiting being sent in the mail after a week.  I planned for a short period of time to use an AIO torn down and rerun for a few weeks. We will see how that goes. 

So, I have received the D120 and now have a debate... I think doing this correctly, I would skip the bottom 240mm radiator (Simply because I cannot fit it). 

Horizontally mounted only leaves 180mm length card in top slot, Obviously using a riser and putting it in the bottom 2 slots I can have a 330mm card. 

Spoiler

SideHorizontalTopSlot.png

Putting it in vertically mounted allows 230mm but simply covers the distro block entirely, not exactly idea for looks. 

Spoiler

VerticalSideSlot.png

Flipping the psu to the front of the case gets me about the same spacing. 

Spoiler

FrontpanelDistance.png

My current video card is a Evga 1060-6gb at 267mm length card. This means for me I will need to put it down on the bottom with a riser card for now. 

It would fit on the front panel in a sideways configuration with the psu on the motherboard side. This would cover up the fill port but filling the system can be done with the psu out of the case then installing the psu after it being full. This would allow the graphics card to be placed in the horizontal position. It only means the bottom port either needs a 90 degree or some creative tube runs. It might be perfectly fine because the back of the card is raised slightly.

I might go ahead and remove the distro plate from the psu (a slight pain) and put it on the front of the case.

Note: in this configuration, I can fit the two TX240mm radiators into the system. There will be no reason to stick a fan in the front though. It also, allows my psu to breath out the side of the case.  

Ok, it fits here, but I will need to put two 90 degree fittings in (one top and one bottom front) in order to go into radiators above and below it. I am using the barbed fittings on this because, personally I don't think they look to bad in this build. The bottom back one might even have issues if I try and put a compression fitting on this. I will put a zip tie around them when I do this finally. Note: the bottom one and the top middle one go to the CPU. The top goes to the top radiator and the bottom one would go to the bottom radiator in this configuration. 

Spoiler

FrontBarbed.png

Spoiler

FrontCloseupBarbed.png

For anyone checking in on this, feel free to comment. I am sort of working my way through this build as I am going. I don't exactly know how each of these components will go together as I am doing it.  Also, my budget for this is very much that of a regular person playing around with their personal machine. I am making decisions based really on what looks ok to myself. 

Things that I am trying to figure out is use a barrow pump combo vs a standard cpu waterblock and pump.  I think looking at it they seem to work out to the same cost... Around 120.00. 

In both cases, I will need certain fittings, and those I really can only tell once I get parts into the case. 

The two radiators, four 90 degree fittings and three packs of 4 compression fittings is 251.14 from newegg.  So, if anyone is wondering the custom loop will probably be as expensive as the entire computer itself. 

Decided to do a baseline for what my system was at using R23 and CPUID.   R23 score is 8814. 

Spoiler

CPUID_Clocks.png

Spoiler

CPUID_Temps.png

As can be noted: The cpu currently has a bit of a heat issue with a the H100 corsair cooler on it now. 

Thanks, obviously, I have found flaws in my current build that I didn't even realize I had at this point. Sheesh, I didn't realize I could thermal throttle my cpu with a 3 year old AiO on it in one of the most open air cases on the market.  

So, have received the radiators and fans but not the fittings yet.... I did discover I cannot put a straight barbed fitting from the top radiator.. as it runs into the psu and distro block as I have them now.. I will see when I get the 90 degree if I can squeeze it in there. 

Yikes... plumbing in an itx case can get rough.. I don't know if I would have patience to do hard tubing in this style. 

Spoiler

bottomplumbing.png

Spoiler

topplumbing.png

Note on above, I still have to fit one of the following pumps into the build. 

Spoiler

2021_08_01_02_12_51_Amazon.com_Water_Cooling_Pump_800L_H_PC_Water_Cooling_Integrated_Mute_Water_Pu.png

Well, got the fittings, cpu block and pump... the maze of plumbing has been put in! 

I am of course still waiting on my motherboard to arrive... grrr

So, from top radiator back side, I sort of had to cheat to get to pump....

Spoiler

FrontTube.png

A close up of that.. 😛

Spoiler

CloseupFrontTube.png

The two far left tubes will go to cpu block.... This would be a nightmare to do in hard tubing. 

Spoiler

SideTubing.png

The pump by the way is velcroed to the psu. 

Spoiler

SideTubing2.png

Went ahead and ordered a cheap a-rgb fan hub from Microcenter. Realized cable management might be an issue with everything hanging out the back.