Can I make a Windows VM point to NTFS drives without loosing data

iajadsfa

Recently, my windows 10 decided to bork itself and I had to reinstall it. After reinstalling it I ran into an issue where windows update refuses to work. I then installed another 2 ssds into my system and created a dual boot Pop os partition. I am now trying to create a windows vm instead so that if it decides to bork itself again I can start over more easily. I was wondering if I could point the vm towards the windows drives that I have now so I can access my windows data without having to reinstall everything. I also wanted to know if I can configure the vm in a way so if I have to start over, I don't loose any data.

edit: it would be nice if I could do this without losing my windows that I have right now since I don't want to bother with moving my windows license. Or I would be fine with moving the key onto the VM if there is a way to nuke windows without losing the key over and over again every time I create a new vm. I understand if what I'm asking is too much but at this point, I will take anything.

Edited by iajadsfa