Is JBL partybox 1000 worth it at 850$?

Nocturn

I am torn on the JBL Partybox 1000 in terms of audio quality, is the sound good enough for 850$ or should I still look for outdoor speaker. + amp set up?

What's the use case? If you're just going to use it outside for casual gatherings, you definitely don't need a 1000w speaker... Neighbors/cops would shut that down real quick. On the other hand if you need it as a PA speaker, you'd probably be better off with a legit PA system.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

On 7/17/2021 at 11:08 PM, Roswell said:

What's the use case? If you're just going to use it outside for casual gatherings, you definitely don't need a 1000w speaker... Neighbors/cops would shut that down real quick. On the other hand if you need it as a PA speaker, you'd probably be better off with a legit PA system.

More towards the first reason, neighbours ors and cops are a non-issue 

I though of going with good IP68 speakers + an amp/recivier with Dolby Atmos/Airplay and all of the other features, however, I don't know what reciver to choose, and all of the speaker with IP68 are selling for 3ple the price in Russia, was considering 5 sets of Polk Audio Atrium 4(10 speakers not for loudness was a wider area coverage).

On 7/17/2021 at 8:35 PM, Oblivion_Creature said:

I am torn on the JBL Partybox 1000 in terms of audio quality, is the sound good enough for 850$ or should I still look for outdoor speaker. + amp set up?

Just get a pair of proper powered PA speakers, and a small mixer to drive em properly. Gear4music sells a really decent bundle.

https://www.gear4music.com/PA-DJ-and-Lighting/Mackie-Thump-12A-Active-PA-Speaker-Bundle/26LY

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)