A BIG Tech Transformation - Intel $5,000 Extreme Tech Upgrade

CPotter
16 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Still waiting for AMD $5,000 tech upgrade... : )

lmao, yeah

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

I'm curious about the audio interface and speakers from Alex, what are they?

image.png.0591528699e6d08ea033d8ce760954db.png

But what about after? Not by Linus but by his girlfriend 🤣 Pro tip, just nod your head... Even if you think you did no wrong because you could be wrong.

I'm curious on that power strip they used. I wasn't aware that you could get some that are desk mountable.

1 hour ago, 10leej said:

I'm curious on that power strip they used. I wasn't aware that you could get some that are desk mountable.

It's an addon product that you can attach onto the mounting holes on the back of the strip. It looks like this design:

https://www.amazon.ca/LANMU-Electrical-AmazonBasics-Mountable-Protector/dp/B07H28JGNJ

Edit: Scratch that, looks like he bought some generic trash:
https://www.amazon.ca/Desktop-Removable-Extension-Connect-Reading/dp/B08HD5NLZ9/

Will any of the less tech oriented LTT staff get 5k upgrades? It would be interesting to see what they choose.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

11 hours ago, CPotter said:

Did Alex use all power ports for CPU cus you can run with base clock without full power. in my tuf x570 (ref: attached image) too there are two ports  8 pin and 4 pin. with only 8 pin power it works fine. for overclocking ASUS recommends using other 4 pin port too. So even with full 12 pin power can rgb rams toast themselves? 

vd7pofnyusetrpeq_setting_xxx_0_90_end_800.png

Hi, anyone know the make and model of that chair they got? For 420 Canadian dollars, seems a good deal and I'am looking for a new office chair.

On 7/17/2021 at 3:01 PM, Lunks said:

I'm curious about the audio interface and speakers from Alex, what are they?

I think, in the case of the speakers, I have a suspicion that they are Mackie CR5

10 hours ago, Caroline said:

I stopped watching when the racing car seat style chair came out of the box and linus said "there are good gaming chairs"

like... NO!

THAT'S A LIE! GAMING CHAIRS ARE TERRIBLE.

Hi, So what would you go for instead? Also did you have one bad experience with a gaming chair or multiple? (sample size).