What platform of gaming do you like the most (such as laptops, consoles, towers, etc), and why?

What platform of gaming do you like the most (such as laptops, consoles, towers, etc), and why?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What platform of gaming do you like the most (such as laptops, consoles, towers, etc), and why?

• Laptop
    • Prebuilt Tower
    • DIY Tower
    • Modern Gaming Console
    • Older/Retro Gaming Console/Arcade
    • Older/Retro Gaming Laptop/Tower
    • Portable Console/PC (Switch, GPD Win, etc)
    • Cloud Gaming
    • VR
    • Mobile (Phone/tablet)
    • Smart TV Games
    • Plug n' Play
    • Web Browser
    • Other

Just thought it would be interesting to see the range of gaming platforms people use, and why you use/prefer it over other platforms. Would also be interesting to see new or odd platforms many people don't know about, and unique reasons why people prefer some platforms over others. These platforms can range from desktops to laptops, prebuilts to DIY builds, consoles, cloud gaming, mobile, etc.

Please be kind and respectful of other people's opinions. Please do not shame others for their opinion/platform. Thanks to all of those who respond and are respectful!

custom desktop. my dad build the family pc and i got in to pcs and so did my dad and got his hammy downs/ also got in to modding. not only that i love music so pc was ideal for that. we were a poor family so free pc games was idea to save money.

nes first console i used and took a long time to finely beat Mario bros

snes best console i think alsom games

n64. mostly Mario, ,zelda, dc games

gc Mario games

sega genesis, it was cheap to buy but sonic games are not easy...

wii, Mario games

wiiu Mario games

switch Mario games. zelda

ps3 lbp only blueray

i have had other consoles too but never payed the games on them just owned the system

dc

xbox

xbox360

ps2

ps1

sp

ds

gba

gbc

dsi

i also have a laptop for when i go on on vacation.

i still use an mp3 player and its orange...

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

While I really love playing games on my pc or macbook (yes, i know) I really enjoy consoles, mostly because of the shared experience, especially with the switch. Most of the games are so accessible and it's easy to play with people who haven't played many games

CPU: i7 3820@4.3Ghz GPU: Gtx 1060 RAM: 16gb HyperX Fury CASE: S340 Elite Cpu runs nice and hot ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

11 hours ago, RJ45-Dude said:

Just thought it would be interesting to see the range of gaming platforms people use, and why you use/prefer it over other platforms. Would also be interesting to see new or odd platforms many people don't know about, and unique reasons why people prefer some platforms over others. These platforms can range from desktops to laptops, prebuilts to DIY builds, consoles, cloud gaming, mobile, etc.

Please be kind and respectful of other people's opinions. Please do not shame others for their opinion/platform. Thanks to all of those who respond and are respectful!

Adding a poll to your topic would probably do your topic the most for simple analytics...

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

5 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Adding a poll to your topic would probably do your topic the most for simple analytics...

Thanks, I'm probably going to do that. Just got a few quick questions, as I'm new to the forums;

Can people post comments on a poll?

Also, is there any way to delete a post (I'd like to take this down and reupload a revised version of this, as a poll)?

Edit: Nevermind, I'll just edit the post 🙂

39 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

Pokemons 

On PC of course! *high five*

20210716_195056.thumb.jpg.37be1b08bb194629831899b8c5c75e5b.jpg

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I usually like to take an old home/office pre-built and upgrade what I need from there. It's usually a lot easier to verify full Linux compatibility with office PCs rather than motherboards.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

On 7/16/2021 at 11:36 AM, RJ45-Dude said:

Thanks, I'm probably going to do that. Just got a few quick questions, as I'm new to the forums;

Can people post comments on a poll? not in the poll but they can comment in the normal way.

Also, is there any way to delete a post (I'd like to take this down and reupload a revised version of this, as a poll)? no, member do not have the ability to delete their own topics or comments.

Edit: Nevermind, I'll just edit the post 🙂

answers in red ^^^

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

DIY tower. Simply because I can put whatever I want in there and replace anything without any issues.

That said, I did fairly enjoy my Nintendo Switch in portable mode. So who knows, maybe that new Valve console will result in more spin offs from other companies with better specs for the price and might just convert me to portable PC gaming.

Also, I don't play games on my phone. I sometimes get into some game, but I lose interest VERY quickly, even more so when "the grind" designed to make you spend money starts becoming more and more obvious.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Well I like playing VR on a DIY desktop, but due to multiple life circumstances I use VR and game on my laptop and use my laptop as a laptop/desktop

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

A multiple choice poll would probably have been better.

Everything has benefits and draw backs.

Personally I use

• Custom pc
  • Portable console (switch, handheld and docked)
  • Laptop (streamed from my pc)
  • Phone/tablet

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I play both console and pc.

I have a PS4, ds,gba and a Sega Genesis.

I know both controller and keyboard and mouse.

I have no preference for any game thing.

For mobile, if there is a PC version I will play it. 

But girl Frontline and asphalt 8 is imo better on mobile.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

It depends on what I feel like playing.

Since I'm working on getting my Mario Bros. Wii hack to a release state, I've been using my PC a lot to test out my hack. Once it's at a release state, I'll be using my Wii to see if I can get it to work on console (not a given; the game lags regularly due to how many things there are).

I'm also playing Pokemon X/Omega Ruby on my New 3DS XL, and enjoy Beat Saber on my grandma's Oculus something.

Once I finish P4HT (my Pentium 4/XP retro build) I'll play some games that I got for that platform, and I really should check on Clash of Clans.

So all of the above.

elephants

Any sort of PC will work (within reason). Portable or desktop doesn’t matter too much. The reason being the insane flexibility between the massive backlog of available games, emulation and general utility. 

I do have a soft spot for mobile platforms since the Game Boy days. 

I’m not super picky. I just don’t feel the need to spend money on devices that only play games anymore. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Personally I want a detatched keyboard, mouse and screen (out of comfort reasons). And I want to DIY the machine, thats why laptop is no primary solution for me, but I use it on the go from time to time. I can't use controllers (seriously I can't), thats why I am not in posession of any game console. Mobile games almost made me broke at one point and used up preatty much all my time, it's simply too tempting to play when the device is always at your fingertips... So I can't stand those anymore. As far as the rest goes, I have never treid it and can't judge.