Sticky for new builds and planning?

Is it possible to add a sticky to New Builds and Planning like some of the other forums have, which would detail how to use PCPartPicker? I've seen so many posts where the user posts a screen cap of their build there, instead of posting the list directly, presumably because they don't know it's as simple as just dropping the link. It makes it really difficult to help people without starting every discussion off with a request to post the actual parts list.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

and especially in the troubleshooting section now that I see it.

I feel, like there should be a mention specifying that in most cases it would be nice if you could provide the specs rather than having to ask if it is needed (and that means for the most cases it is needed)

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

1 minute ago, GorujoCY said:

and especially in the troubleshooting section now that I see it.

I feel, like there should be a mention specifying that in most cases it would be nice if you could provide the specs rather than having to ask if it is needed (and that means for the most cases it is needed)

Agreed that tends to be an issue, but more often than not the people seeking troubleshooting help don't actually know what's important to mention and what's not, or you get stuff like ”8GB RAM", which means exactly nothing. They don't understand how meaningless that is, though. If it's a relative recent  DIY build PCPartPicker might be helpful, but other times it might actually be next to impossible to create a list if you wanted to.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

This likely wouldn't help truthfully. While the intentions are good, new people creating threads don't take the time 99% of the time to read rules and posting guidelines before making posts. Secondly, this would likely lead to more backseat moderation issues as people would be like.

HRR HRR HRR, "Grabs my pitchfork" HEY NOOB, READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING... 

While intentions are good, I don't see this being helpful for these reasons and would in the end, actually cause more problems in terms of moderation most likely. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

This likely wouldn't help truthfully. While the intentions are good, new people creating threads don't take the time 99% of the time to read rules and posting guidelines before making posts. Secondly, this would likely lead to more backseat moderation issues as people would be like.

HRR HRR HRR, "Grabs my pitchfork" HEY NOOB, READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING... 

While intentions are good, I don't see this being helpful for these reasons and would in the end, actually cause more problems in terms of moderation most likely. 

Interesting point. I hadn't considered it from that perspective, and I totally get what you're saying. However, I was looking at more as the "Please use CODE tags" sticky on the Programming forum, rather than something more strict. I realize it won't solve the problem completely. As a developer myself, I understand better than most that an unfortunately high number of people never read. I was just looking at it from a newbie perspective where they literally don't know all they have to do is drop the link, and the rich text editor auto embeds the list. I've mentioned that to long time users of these forums who've never realized that was possible.

Couple things. Firstly, while PCPP covers majority of members, its not good option for all regions. Secondly, even giving any part list to troubleshooting topics is better than nothing. Thirdly, there's already form asking for parts lists and even that (and other forms) have proven too much reading for some. Lastly, the stickies are good option for some content. Guide on bow to fill PCPP is imo not such.

What we could do is update current sticky with quick note about linking to PCPP if available. And how to use links as I too have seen people using the generic one.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Couple things. Firstly, while PCPP covers majority of members, its not good option for all regions. Secondly, even giving any part list to troubleshooting topics is better than nothing. Thirdly, there's already form asking for parts lists and even that (and other forms) have proven too much reading for some. Lastly, the stickies are good option for some content. Guide on bow to fill PCPP is imo not such.

What we could do is update current sticky with quick note about linking to PCPP if available. And how to use links as I too have seen people using the generic one.

That sounds reasonable. Thanks for considering the request.