Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Unifi Vintage Hardware, no way to adopt?

I am currently in the process  of setting up a new wifi solution in my apartments with seamless roaming, while I am waiting for the hardware to arrive, I was using my old UAP-ACv2 from ubiquity. 

Due to some issue I had to factory reset it, and now I don't know how to adopt it. 

Controllers of the version 5.6.xxx don't want to start, while the newer controller is missing the adopt button, what should I do?

To be clear, is this AP square shaped? If it is, then 5.6.x is your only option - that has been removed from the controllers since then.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

9 hours ago, brwainer said:

To be clear, is this AP square shaped? If it is, then 5.6.x is your only option - that has been removed from the controllers since then.

Yes, it is.

i was able to make it work, but I am unable to login into the controller, is there any way to bypass the login?

(gives wrong password/username error)

1 hour ago, Oblivion_Creature said:

Yes, it is.

i was able to make it work, but I am unable to login into the controller, is there any way to bypass the login?

(gives wrong password/username error)

You can try this (at your own risk, I haven’t tested this, make sure to have a backup): https://community.ui.com/questions/How-to-recover-access-to-a-unifi-controller-when-the-admin-password-has-been-lost-/bea32e54-c8cd-4d08-ba98-b836acebfeb4

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: