Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was looking online and saw an add for a g700s that was for 200 dollars. I was curious because it’s the mouse I have, but when I bought it new from Best Buy it was only like 60 bucks or so. That was about 6 or 7 years ago by now. Looking at more adds for it online I’ve seen it anywhere from 150 to 300 bucks. Why is this mouse so high? 

Some idiots want to inflate its perceived value by listing it for insane prices on eBay. In reality no-one buys at that price, and a mouse that old isn't worth much. 

On 7/13/2021 at 1:31 PM, shaneh890 said:

I was looking online and saw an add for a g700s that was for 200 dollars. I was curious because it’s the mouse I have, but when I bought it new from Best Buy it was only like 60 bucks or so. That was about 6 or 7 years ago by now. Looking at more adds for it online I’ve seen it anywhere from 150 to 300 bucks. Why is this mouse so high? 

Because it's no longer made and those sellers are hoping that people who are very very attached to it will pay any price to get another when theirs breaks. 

Friends don't let friends use Userbenchmark. Ban the term "bottleneck." Corps aren't your friends. If the PC does what you need it to do well enough, it's good enough. Don't build the "best" system, build the system that makes you happy. 

On 7/15/2021 at 4:37 AM, Middcore said:

Because it's no longer made and those sellers are hoping that people who are very very attached to it will pay any price to get another when theirs breaks. 

This. 

I am quite fond of my G700s and I did in fact buy a backup - but I patiently scanned the used market until I found a good model. I think I spent 35 bucks. 

You will find those ridiculous offers for out-of-production hardware for almost anything. My guess is that some of these pieces will sell to people who use a highly customized setup in a special environment where it's more hassle and cost to introduce a new (and different) piece of hardware into the system than to pay an overinflated price for exactly the piece that broke which will be plug and play. 

It can also be a form of money laundering. For relatively little outlay, it's no longer money made from selling drugs, it's money made from selling old computer hardware.