Monitor wont go to sleep, when I hit sleep in the power section of the start menu it just sends me back to the lock screen

bungusboy81
Go to solution Solved by bungusboy81,
11 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Turn off fast startup in Control Panel. Same thing happened to me. 

Seems like shutting down the computer and then turning it back on (not restarting) fixed it. Classic. Does that mean it was a background app?

I was sitting in my room and noticed that my computer hadn't gone to sleep and shut the monitor off like it usually does, so I went to hit sleep in the power section of the start menu but when I did it made my monitor black for a second and then just sent me back to the lock screen. I've checked with the command prompt to see if anything is doing anything funky with power and it says no for all of them. I've also reset my power settings and it didn't do anything. My power settings don't have a section for allowing the PC to go to sleep. It in the power plan settings that it makes the display and PC go to sleep after 10 minutes but it doesn't make them go to sleep, it just sends me back to the lock menu where I put in my password. Any help? Tell me if you need to know anything else.

3 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

That didn't help, because troubleshooting isn't allowed to be easy for me. Any other ideas? Drivers maybe?

11 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Seems like shutting down the computer and then turning it back on (not restarting) fixed it. Classic. Does that mean it was a background app?

3 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Could've been. 

Alright, thank you.