Does PC Building Simulator shows accurate result?

Hi,

So, first of all, I have virtually no experience in water cooling, I just know they can help cool the component. I do study a lot from the Internet but I have no experience in real world situation.

Just recently, I purchased PC Building Simulator game from Steam, and I'm having a blast. Still, I'm not sure if this game provide an accurate simulation when it comes to water cooling and fan cooling (because I can actually build a PC without any case fan, and the thing didn't even overheat when stress test it with 3D Mark). Can anyone clarify this?

Also, I wonder if you need to level up to unlock more parts to play around in free build, because I certainly didn't see much ThermalTake Water Cooling components. ThermalTake used to be one of the early pioneer of water cooling PC.

By the way, I know this is a silly question, but in real life, if we plug the CPU to a 120mm rad then to GPU and then to 360mm rad and then back to reservoir and pump combo, will the GPU run cool? Assuming I use Ryzen 9 5950X and Radeon 6900XT. Each fan provide about 1.2mmH2O and 45CFM and 120mm radiator has one fan installed and 360mm radiator has 3 fans installed.

Regards,

Chiyawa

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

It’s not actually simulating the thermals, it’s doing some math based on a lot of external test results to give you a mostly accurate number, but not always depending on a lot of other factors.

Dont use it for that purpose

It's a small team of devs, and there's a metric crap ton of PC parts our there. They add more all the time, but it's never going to be exhaustive. They tend to focus on the most popular/common components, and I think they do take input from users on missing components that they want added.

Thermaltake, however, is going to be pretty low on that list, as they're not really good at anything, anymore. Most of their kit is passable, but there's far better options in all cases.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

On 7/12/2021 at 7:47 PM, Chris Pratt said:

It's a small team of devs, and there's a metric crap ton of PC parts our there. They add more all the time, but it's never going to be exhaustive. They tend to focus on the most popular/common components, and I think they do take input from users on missing components that they want added.

Thermaltake, however, is going to be pretty low on that list, as they're not really good at anything, anymore. Most of their kit is passable, but there's far better options in all cases.

Ah. Sad to hear that ThermalTake once was the best in PC case and liquid cooling, and not to mention their Plus series fan and Lumi series RGB lighting which, in my opinion, are cheaper than Corsair but having more better performance. I'm using ThermalTake Versa H26, and would like to see they revive it, this time with a USB-C, as they can be very close to BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 V2 for a fraction of the cost (I bought my H26 at about $60-$65).

Anyway, thanks for the info. I knew the temps are a bit off, but not sure how much off. Anyway, water cooling is all about experimenting, so guess no matter how good the simulation is, there will be lots of hiccups and what not.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

On 7/12/2021 at 1:04 PM, 8tg said:

It’s not actually simulating the thermals, it’s doing some math based on a lot of external test results to give you a mostly accurate number, but not always depending on a lot of other factors.

Dont use it for that purpose

I see. Thanks for the info.