Logitech F310 Gamepad Compatibility for Retro Gaming

AnirbanG007

So, I'm looking to get into retro gaming, and my weapons of choice include Batocera Linux and a Logitech F310 Gamepad.

It doesn't have a select button, but has a back button in it's place. Will it be configurable as select/hotkey in batocera?

Another question, overall, do you guys recommend this controller? Reviews on Amazon are extremely positive. Have any of you used it? What are your thoughts?

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for聽a reply. 馃檪

36 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

It doesn't have a select button, but has a back button in it's place. Will it be configurable as select/hotkey in batocera?

Another question, overall, do you guys recommend this controller? Reviews on Amazon are extremely positive. Have any of you used it? What are your thoughts?

Its a boring old Logitech controller. It gets the job done and better than knock off dual shocks. And afaik, the back button is gonna be a select key in emulators but you can rebind it in Logitech Gaming Software if you are on windows.

Edited by SorryClaire
Im mentally retarded. Its windows only.

Press quote聽to get a response聽from someone! | Check people's edited posts!聽|聽Be specific!聽| Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

4 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Its a boring old Logitech controller. It gets the job done and better than knock off dual shocks. And afaik, the back button is gonna be a select key in emulators but you can rebind it in Logitech Gaming Software if you are on linux.

Aight, thanks for your reply. Honestly I don't have a lot of controller choices in India. A genuine xbox controller is outta my budget, and the knock off's have so many bad reviews on Amazon and other e-commerce sites. I guess as long as it does the job I'm okay. Thanks again.

It supports XInput after flip of the switch. So anything that has default key mapping for Xbox controllers will work.
With Logitechs drivers and other software, you can tweak bindings even further.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 hours ago, AnirbanG007 said:

A genuine xbox controller is outta my budget,

Ah. Well, actually, after using XBox Series X/S controller, it is probably way better than than F310. My F310 died (the dongle, not the gamepad) and now it is a glorified paper weight. Also, after close to 2 years of usage, the rubber became sticky. Rumble (or vibration) is weak. LT and RT are very stiff. Too bad your budget is restricting you, otherwise I would strongly recommend the XBox Series X/S controller.

XBox can use Bluetooth, the dedicated wireless dongle, or cable, means that if one is not really working, you can use other method. I actually use it in many devices including smart phone and laptops through Bluetooth (I have to re-pair them if I switch devices). As for desktop, I used cable (cheap USB-C to USB-A cable that support USB 2.0 interface will work).

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

47 minutes ago, Chiyawa said:

Ah. Well, actually, after using XBox Series X/S controller, it is probably way better than than F310. My F310 died (the dongle, not the gamepad) and now it is a glorified paper weight. Also, after close to 2 years of usage, the rubber became sticky. Rumble (or vibration) is weak. LT and RT are very stiff. Too bad your budget is restricting you, otherwise I would strongly recommend the XBox Series X/S controller.

XBox can use Bluetooth, the dedicated wireless dongle, or cable, means that if one is not really working, you can use other method. I actually use it in many devices including smart phone and laptops through Bluetooth (I have to re-pair them if I switch devices). As for desktop, I used cable (cheap USB-C to USB-A cable that support USB 2.0 interface will work).

Wow that sounds really convenient, I'll sure buy one after I get my first paycheck. I'm still a student.