im looking to build a new pc, which will last me till i die. can you see if i made the right choice

Budget (including currency): $20000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: video editing, 3d animation, animation. everything imaginable.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LpxG8J

Any pc you make today will only last 5 years max, best not to overspend and reallocate budget on software or other life necessities. 

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

8 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

Any pc you make today will only last 5 years max, best not to overspend and reallocate budget on software or other life necessities. 

Even though I'd be more generous than this, that PC is still not going to last you any more than 10 years tops. in 7 years it'll be sluggish compared to modern components and in 10 it'll be a relic of your poor financial decisions. If you really have this much disposable income put it into a savings account and save up for a car or something that might actually last you your entire life. Computers don't age well, this is just a fact of the progression of technology.

If you want a computer that can do "anything" you can do it with $4,000 and have it be a good ass computer in that same time. Even at the highest-end bleeding-edge of tech, longevity plateaus. Eventually the basic necessities of intensive software will outpace even the fastest hardware today. Don't expect an A100 accelerator to be usable for more than 2 or 3 years after a 3090 is considered entry-level used hardware. This is just how it works. No computer will "last you until you die".

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

there is no such thing as future proofing. as hardware gets faster, software gets more bloated and slower. so over time, new programs/games will run slower than older ones. anything you build will become slow after 6+ years. save yourself money. buy a good one that will last 3 years, then upgrade it instead. you will save money and you get the latest hardware. 

eg:

spend $1000 now and then spend $500 every 3 years to upgrade is better than spending $5k now and then becoming slow in 7 years. 

also, when you upgade to newer hardware, you get newer features like how DLSS was introduced in 20-series. 

Edit: you can also sell your old gpu if you upgrade to a new one.. you can save even more money this way. 

Credit: this advice is something i learned from linus actually. 

31 minutes ago, DaJakerBoss said:

If you really have this much disposable income put it into a savings account and save up for a car or something that might actually last you your entire life. Computers don't age well, this is just a fact of the progression of technology.

Or put it into a savings account and buy a new $2,000 machine every 3–4 years. You'll have new computers for 30–40 years this way. A $2,000 computer may not be the best possible machine right now, but a few generations down the line that new $2,000 machine will be much faster than any $20,000 computer you can buy right now.

If $2,000 isn't good enough, go for a $4,000 machine (when done every 4 years, your money will last you 20 years).

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Dumbest build ever. Typical throw in the most expensive parts possible and it's got to be good right???

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

- Locked - 

As per the subforum's readme, no trolling or dream builds.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2