[Expired][AmazonPrime-US] Blue Switch Mechanical Keyboard - $17

soundlogic

For anyone on a shoestring budget about to buy an awful membrane keyboard, get this instead

https://www.amazon.com/PICTEK-Mechanical-Keyboard-Equivalent-Anti-Ghosting/dp/B07VNQQZFK

I have the 60% version (which was twice the price lol) and it's honestly pretty solid. Otemus are Cherry clones, so they feel like Cherry switches. Decent build, has a battery-saving mode, I think this kills the case for membrane keyboard IMO, plus with Amazon it'll be there faster than AliExpress.

Has RGB if you're into that.

I would put that in the buy now section. Since all of these low end keyboards essentially use the same boards it seems, 17 bucks is a steal for a good entry level mechanical keyboard. I'm pretty sure Red Dragon uses the same board, they all look the same. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

4 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I would put that in the buy now section. Since all of these low end keyboards essentially use the same boards it seems, 17 bucks is a steal for a good entry level mechanical keyboard. I'm pretty sure Red Dragon uses the same board, they all look the same. 

There's a Buy Now section on the forums?

And yes, it's actually a good keyboard. I have the wireless 60% version and it's solid. I rarely see them this cheap even on Aliexpress and they take an age to ship from China, this could be there in days.

2 hours ago, soundlogic said:

There's a Buy Now section on the forums?

And yes, it's actually a good keyboard. I have the wireless 60% version and it's solid. I rarely see them this cheap even on Aliexpress and they take an age to ship from China, this could be there in days.

Oh I just meant figuratively. So opposed to shortlisting, if anyone is thinking of getting into Mechanical keyboards, this is they way to go without any second thoughts. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

On 7/9/2021 at 9:06 PM, soundlogic said:

get this instead

I'm guessing the sale is over since it now shows as $27.99 for me.

Otemus are Cherry clones, so they feel like Cherry switches.

They might feel like Cherry switches but they certainly do not sound like Cherry switches and are much LOUDER. If I could go back in time, I'd have bought a keyboard with Outemu red switches. I first liked how loud my Outemu blue switches are but over time they just do not get any less louder, if that makes sense. It's just constant, noticeable, noise.

I think this kills the case for membrane keyboard IMO

Oh most definitely, 100% agree when it comes to certain types of people, gamers especially. I've actually known about this PICTEK mechanical keyboard for quite a while now and even have it bookmarked for when it goes on sale to recommend to people looking for a cheap mechanical keyboard.

Has RGB if you're into that.

It's not a true RGB though, the colors are separated to zones on the board. Just something to note, this isn't bothersome.

On 7/9/2021 at 9:13 PM, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I'm pretty sure Red Dragon uses the same board, they all look the same.

Nope, there are differences. Take the metal base plate in the Redragon K552(which I own btw). There is some flex in this PICTEK board without a metal base plate while the Redragon K552 won't be flexing at any point in time when trying to bend the keyboard. It's pure solid. This also applies to the weight of the board. The Redragon K552 being just a little heavier does make a difference because it's not going to slide around your desk at all unless you move it by pushing it from the outside edges. Now this doesn't mean that the Redragon K552 is super heavy as this might make it sound. It's just something to note and imo makes the weight of the keyboard near perfect if this makes any sense.

Here are more subtle differences that are worth noting:

• The USB connector on the PICTEK is a standard USB type A connector while the Redragon K552 is gold plated. Again, this is not exactly bothersome to most people.
  • The "feet" that you pull out on the back of the PICTEK keyboard are completely plastic and even don't have any rubber tips. You could put your own rubber on them if you so desired but with just that plastic there could be some sliding taking place on a desk without some sort of pad underneath the keyboard itself. Again, you're probably fine here because the front feet on the PICTEK are rubber. Just something to note that the Redragon K552 does indeed have designed rubber tipped feet that you pull out and certainly work wonders in the sliding on your desk aspect. This is something I noticed immediately since I like to have nothing underneath my keyboard on my desk.
  • The fonts for the characters on the keys are noticeably different. The PICTEK has a more office friendly font that is less in your face while the Redragon K552 has a little bit bigger and gamer oriented character font. I like both tbh but I'm pretty sure lots of people have a personal taste here and if I had to lean towards one or the other I might just choose the PICTEK font.
  • There are way more lighting modes on the PICTEK. The Redragon K552 has just a few modes. On, off and fading in and out. This does not bother me as I just like my keyboard on one solid color at all times but I would have liked for it to have more lighting modes just to see what they're all about. It's nothing necessary though.
  • The PIKTEK does come with a key remover! This is an AWESOME feature because I'm still looking to pull the keys off my keyboard to clean it sometime this century.

One more thing to note here is that the Redragon K552 is the mechanical keyboard on sale right now and it's currently $23.99, which is a great price imo. I paid $34.99 for mine and it's the non RGB version that just lights up red. I was impatient to wait for it to hit lower at the time mostly because I used a $20 MIR I had laying around from a case I purchased to bring the total cost down to just $14.99. The K552 that is currently $23.99 right now just so happens to be the RGB version and even has the Outemu red switches! Wish I had them in mine, ugghhhh.

7 minutes ago, Paul Rudd said:

I'm guessing the sale is over since it now shows as $27.99 for me.

It's active for me

image.thumb.png.8128343dc6c975f09d0c42f0ac573fc2.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

8 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

It's active for me

Aha, I see why. It's the Prime customer price. I never have messed with Prime.

Should totally put this in the title of this post.

Gosh, I bet most items, if not ALL are like this for Prime customers on Amazon. I might have to look into Prime now that I think about this little nugget of information. Every time I buy something on Amazon, I'm offered a free 30 days of Prime. Might as well start that 30 days once late November comes for Black Friday and Christmas deals.

2 minutes ago, Paul Rudd said:

Gosh, I bet most items, if not ALL are like this for Prime customers on Amazon. I might have to look into Prime now that I think about this little nugget of information.

TBH I've never seen too many items that are priced below a normal price, but then again I've had prime since 2016 so its ahrd for me to really make that claim due to myself not shopping in incognito mode for a "control group" comparison. 

I'll add that to the title for clarity

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 hours ago, Paul Rudd said:

It's just constant, noticeable, noise.

After lubing? Surprised, lubed Otemus are just lubed Cherries to me. 

On 7/12/2021 at 3:42 PM, soundlogic said:

After lubing? Surprised, lubed Otemus are just lubed Cherries to me. 

I don't think I'll ever get around to lubing my keyboard.