Member Reviews - Hori Splitpad PRO

Cool_Evlo

The Hori Splitpad PRO is meant to be a joy-con replacement, mostly for people with larger hands, or if you just don't like the joy-cons (they do kind of suck to be honest)

To be clear, these are missing many features, most notably wireless and rumble.

Anyways, to start. the buttons. The A/B/X/Y buttons feel quite nice, they are a lot larger than the joy con buttons, and have much more tactility to them.

The D-Pad is a great balance between not being too mushy, and not being too clicky and tactile, you know.. like the *cough cough* Pro Controller...

The joysticks are very smooth and quite tall, but not super tall. However, pushing down the joysticks (to sprint or crouch, etc) is a little harder than I would like it to be.

The ZL+ZR buttons are fine, they do click an uncomfortable amount though.

The L+R buttons are great, not too loud or tactile, but a good balance.

There are also included buttons on the back, which I love. They are in the perfect spot, and are easy to push.

On the front, there is a turbo button, which lets you enable turbo for any button on the controller.

Last, but not least, the build quality. When they are off the Switch, they are very light, and feel quite cheap. But when they are on the switch they feel great.

I don't have particularly large hands, but they work great for me, though they do take a bit of getting used to. 

😳
Not that active so I may not respond.