People MUST Buy These... - ORIGIN PC EON-17X Showcase

CPotter
10 minutes ago, dwrecks said:

Are showcase vids adverts?

Not necessaraly, but a sponsored shgowcase is a advertisment

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, dwrecks said:

Are showcase vids adverts?

Yes, showcases are sponsored content. They call them showcases to distinguish them from reviews, for obvious reasons. They also won't provide review or opinion on a showcase, rather just show the product and often do something interesting with it to make it entertaining to watch.

From the video description:

Published on Jul 6, 2021
Thanks to ORIGIN PC for sponsoring today's video!

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Not necessaraly, but a sponsored shgowcase is a advertisment

Aren't all LTT Showcases paid by the manufacture? Maybe not 8-11 years ago but now they are. I've not found a single one in the last while that wasn't paid by said company.

1 minute ago, Egg-Roll said:

Aren't all LTT Showcases paid by the manufacture? Maybe not 8-11 years ago but now they are. I've not found a single one in the last while that wasn't paid by said company.

usually, but I believe ltt has done non sponsored iPhone showcases

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

This is not new - desktop Intel chips have been found in laptops for decades. I have an old HP zd7000 with a Pentium 4 inside. Maybe if the ODM Clevo actually had proper engineers working there we would be seeing desktop AMD chips in laptops... you know... just for a change LOL

Except I would rather slash my wrists than give money to a company that's a subsidiary of Corsair selling equipment made by Clevo. 20+ years and they STILL don't know how to do a proper keyboard layout on a laptop that fits the cursor keys and numpad properly. At this point you might as well be showing off your own home grown Eurocom products because those are an even bigger joke of a ripoff.

What are the diagnostic/benchmark tools used in the vid? How do I check the wattage of my cpu/gpu in my own laptop like that

People argue what's the point. Well, it's still more portable than a desktop chassis and monitor with all the peripherals even if it's such a chungus. And space even if you're not carrying it around. I mean, imagine how much space full PC takes up and how much this does. And if you need space for something else, you fold it and put it away. You can't do that with desktop.

I have a laptop in living room just for that reason even though I have a PC elsewhere. It's there on the coffee table for casual browsing, but I can just close it down if I watch TV over it or just move it away if it's in the way there and I can do that with no hassle. With desktop PC it would just be a no go. So I guess people have one of these two conditions. I'd list LAN parties as reason, but do people even do those anymore? It seems like the scene has died entirely, especially with the stupid virus in the last 2 years.

this must be the updated clevo X170 i guess 

for the price id say its meh and u can build a "mini" pc with a 3080 and a 10900 or something although i think itd be still a lil bigger. Too bad they charge $100 for the prints. Dunno if id buy this for gaming its more suitable for editing/rendering ig?

1 hour ago, Luscious said:

This is not new - desktop Intel chips have been found in laptops for decades. I have an old HP zd7000 with a Pentium 4 inside. Maybe if the ODM Clevo actually had proper engineers working there we would be seeing desktop AMD chips in laptops... you know... just for a change LOL

Except I would rather slash my wrists than give money to a company that's a subsidiary of Corsair selling equipment made by Clevo. 20+ years and they STILL don't know how to do a proper keyboard layout on a laptop that fits the cursor keys and numpad properly. At this point you might as well be showing off your own home grown Eurocom products because those are an even bigger joke of a ripoff.

Would it really matter if we had AMD desktop cpus in laptops? They are slowly taking back the market, it's only Intel's that are still in stock most days, at least here 🤣

I won't disagree there, that thing is as massive looking as a gaming computer a friend bought in HS back in the early/mid 2000s (I think they bought a Sony)... I understand the whole if it works don't fix it ideology (Crown Vic) but damn no thank you...

3 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

usually, but I believe ltt has done non sponsored iPhone showcases

Can't find it, maybe they changed the name so confusion doesn't happen as everything I've found with showcase is either really old or sponsored.

I'm not even going to look to see how much that thing costs because I'm sure its easily £4000+, likely £5000+.

Sure it can reach desktop performance but it has been and likely always will be the case that ur going to have to pay 2x the price of a desktop equivalent for it.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

3 hours ago, SolarNova said:

I'm not even going to look to see how much that thing costs because I'm sure its easily £4000+, likely £5000+.

Sure it can reach desktop performance but it has been and likely always will be the case that ur going to have to pay 2x the price of a desktop equivalent for it.

About 5K US with 11th gen i9, Stupid GPU, 2x 1TB NVME, etc.

On 7/7/2021 at 3:49 AM, Luscious said:

i remember a local company where i`m from  having a laptop with a desktop Amd proc inside .Illegear Ares V (ODM by dunno which company)

On 7/6/2021 at 7:21 PM, Spotty said:

Yes, showcases are sponsored content. They call them showcases to distinguish them from reviews, for obvious reasons. They also won't provide review or opinion on a showcase, rather just show the product and often do something interesting with it to make it entertaining to watch.

From the video description:

Published on Jul 6, 2021
Thanks to ORIGIN PC for sponsoring today's video!

I feel like LMG are deliberately using vague terms to try and trick their audience.

1) Putting "AD" in the video title and thumbnail would clear up a lot of the confusion. The whole "showcases are ads" is something Linus made up himself without even explaining it. "Showcases" just showed up on the channel one day and Linus brushes off criticisms about how they are deceptive. 

2) The video title is so long the keyword "showcase" doesn't even show up until you have clicked the video. They should put the keyword (preferably "AD") in the beginning, not the end.

3) I feel like the whole "look, it says it is sponsored" is not really valid when Linus got reviews that got sponsors, regular videos that got sponsors, showcases that are sponsored, etc, etc. For example the "I can't believe it didn't leak..." video is not a showcase from what I can tell, nor is it a review I guess (doesn't have review in the title), yet it has a link to the manufacturer's website where you can buy it in the video description. I'd consider myself fairly clever and I can't figure out LMG's naming scheme and practices for how they handle sponsors, what is sponsored, what is an ad etc. It really shouldn't be that hard and I don't see why LMG makes it hard. To me it seems like they are deliberately making it hard to tell videos apart because they try and trick their audience.

If they aren't trying to trick their audience, then why not put "AD" in capital letters both in the video title and thumbnail? That way they are very clearly displaying what the video is to viewers. 

It doesn't help that viewers have to figure this stuff out by reading the video description either, since that is comically large because they have to fit all their ads in their. I clicked on a random video (the "god monitor" video or whatever it was called) and the description is literally over three A4 pages long. I have submitted school assignments that are shorter than LMG's video descriptions, and it's just a bunch of ads.