AMD fTPM causing random stuttering.

My last tpm stutter was on 26 januari so since then had no tpm stutters, pretty sure eventually i have tpm stutter again

1 hour ago, gymleader said:

An emergency fix from AMD... surely not.

1IdOnTt.png

Maybe... Who wants to try?

already running it, i really doubt its to fix tpm issues, speaking of fixes, latest windows 11 update had many hotfixes including for azure was there not a bug with azure that only happens with tpm enabled ?

KB5010386 for windows 11

KB5010342 for windows 10

@-Senku-the SCEP certification error, yes. Looked related, but again might not be. There are links to the MS thread couple of pages back.

19 hours ago, stage said:

My expectations are low. (just so I don't get disappointed)

Expectations met. Did not work. 

1 minute ago, gymleader said:

Cause for hopium!

W63yqKh.png

Can you link this thread?

Always funny when people claim i am lying and spreading miss information when almost every solution and fix is a placebo and tpm stutters can be as rare as once a month, glad AMD is investigating even if its not their issue, it happens mostly among AMD users, usb disconnect issues did not happen among everyone either.

4 hours ago, -Senku- said:

Always funny when people claim i am lying and spreading miss information when almost every solution and fix is a placebo and tpm stutters can be as rare as once a month, glad AMD is investigating even if its not their issue, it happens mostly among AMD users, usb disconnect issues did not happen among everyone either.

I used to get the stutters 3 or 4 times per day and after I got a discreet TPM module I never saw them again, ever. I've had that thing for four months now. So that one is definitely no placebo.

I don't know which particular solutions and fixes you are talking about, though, so don't take this as me calling you out or anything. Just wanted to say that this one actually works. For me anyway.

4 hours ago, DreiNeunVierEins said:

I used to get the stutters 3 or 4 times per day and after I got a discreet TPM module I never saw them again, ever. I've had that thing for four months now. So that one is definitely no placebo.

I don't know which particular solutions and fixes you are talking about, though, so don't take this as me calling you out or anything. Just wanted to say that this one actually works. For me anyway.

I still stand by what i said, for me it happens once a month, it could happen once a month while afk each time, does that mean its resolved ?

I litterally had tpm stutter upon clean install with discrete chip, this is the usb disconnect issue all over, this did not happen to everyone either, no one knew back then either what was really causing it either, i think.

17 minutes ago, -Senku- said:

I still stand by what i said, for me it happens once a month, it could happen once a month while afk each time, does that mean its resolved ?

I litterally had tpm stutter upon clean install with discrete chip, this is the usb disconnect issue all over, this did not happen to everyone either, no one knew back then either what was really causing it either, i think.

Well, I'm pretty damn certain it doesn't happen to me anymore. I'm on my computer up to 16 hours a day, every day. There's also no way to log the issue.

PCs are obviously very unique with all the options we have to build them, so you can never assume that one solution works for everyone, or if your issue is even related to this at all. If it really just happens once a month for you, maybe while you're AFK, I feel like testing it must be a pain in the ass and highly unreliable...

12 hours ago, -Senku- said:

And for me it happens never since getting a discrete TPM. What's your point?

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Memory: 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO 3600MHz (18-22-22-42) | Motherboard: MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI (MS-7C84) | Graphics: AMD Radeon VII 16GB

@Soph3Dwell he already said what was his point. Even if the issue happens only once a year it is not resolved.

No one is arguing here, no one is calling you liers he just states his opinion, discrete tpms are not 100% fix, even if someone had them resolved or think they did, is beside the point.

37 minutes ago, stage said:

@Soph3Dwell he already said what was his point. Even if the issue happens only once a year it is not resolved.

No one is arguing here, no one is calling you liers he just states his opinion, discrete tpms are not 100% fix, even if someone had them resolved or think they did, is beside the point.

My issue is FULLY RESOLVED, whether he thinks so or not. I use my computer with audio playing for tens of hours a day. To say he's not calling me a liar when that's exactly what he's doing is silly.

I know when my PC is presenting undesirable behavior because I practically live on it. Some people may not be so astute as this, but I am. The discrete chip I got (an Infineon, based on MSI's MS-4136) has completely resolved my problem. Maybe not all discrete TPMs are created equal, but that's another matter for discussion and not really relevant to the fTPM issue that is fairly common.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Memory: 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO 3600MHz (18-22-22-42) | Motherboard: MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI (MS-7C84) | Graphics: AMD Radeon VII 16GB

This has nothing to do with you. We discuss the issue as whole, we are happy that was resolved for your system. There are people that did got dtpm and the was not resolved, so more or less the argument is pointless. We are back to square one, and the original issue from this thread is still not resolved.

2 hours ago, Soph3D said:

And for me it happens never since getting a discrete TPM. What's your point?

Your afk when it happens or very lucky.

Speaking of which latest beta update from insiders kb5010414 i believe has a tpm bug fix that may happen in some cases.

We fixed an issue that affects the Silent BitLocker enablement policy and might unintentionally add a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) protector.

1 hour ago, -Senku- said:

Your afk when it happens or very lucky.

Speaking of which latest beta update from insiders kb5010414 i believe has a tpm bug fix that may happen in some cases.

It doesn't happen at all. I'm on Windows 10 if it makes any difference... but the AMD fTPM thing most definitely happens on Win 10 & 11 so if what you're referring to is technically the same issue I can't tell you. It just doesn't happen with this workaround for me. Please stop the afk talk, lol.

3 hours ago, stage said:

This has nothing to do with you. We discuss the issue as whole, we are happy that was resolved for your system. There are people that did got dtpm and the was not resolved, so more or less the argument is pointless. We are back to square one, and the original issue from this thread is still not resolved.

It has to do with me as I am someone who was affected by the very same original issue and found a workaround that's working for me. Do not discredit my experience, I've been pushing hard for more attention to be brought to this issue for many months now. I don't need the sass. I'm not fully convinced the issue people are having with dTPM is the same thing or at least has the same cause. The fTPM issue is verifiable as widespread.

22 hours ago, stage said:

Which is exactly what i said...

this bug only appear only on Ftpm, it will fix if you have Dtpm or disable Ftpm, i know coz i'm here from day one, 

1 hour ago, ANGGARAMDAN said:

this bug only appear only on Ftpm, it will fix if you have Dtpm or disable Ftpm, i know coz i'm here from day one, 

Here is where you are wrong, because i had it in first hour of doing clean install and no it was not a case of forgetting to switch to discrete tpm, and yes i did infact buy a tpm chip from Asus heck i got the ASUS TPM-SPI 2.0

It would be cool if could stop making false claims and stop spreading placebo's that clearly do not fix the issue.

Heck it should not even be neccesary to get a discrete tpm chip the fact its suggested as fix is an insult to everyone's wallet playing right in the hands of scalpers.

Rather then editing my post i swear if some one posted a placebo that fixed tpm but not really does some one will respond that it fixed it for them even tho the issue can be as rare as once a month, everyone can tweak windows to run better, but the core issue will always remain.