How would I go about reprinting game covers?

Go to solution Solved by jaslion,

You put it in a printer, print on it with the correct settings for the photo paper, cut it to size and put it in there?

http://www.thecoverproject.net/

If you are looking for some game cover scans there they usually are.

Hey so I'm buying a game for my friend for the xbox 360 but the game I'm buying is at a reduced price because the cover is for another game. How would I go when reprinting my own cover with photo paper?

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

You put it in a printer, print on it with the correct settings for the photo paper, cut it to size and put it in there?

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

how do I know correct settings?

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Just now, Kanna said:

how do I know correct settings?

It says on the packaging of the paper. Like glossy photo ok then you print in glossy photo paper mode and so on. How? Well I still use the old windows photo viewer (so just right click and hit print on an image) and then you can select the type of paper there.

Just now, jaslion said:

It says on the packaging of the paper. Like glossy photo ok then you print in glossy photo paper mode and so on. How? Well I still use the old windows photo viewer (so just right click and hit print on an image) and then you can select the type of paper there.

oh, but how will I get correct dimensions for the case?

Reminder⚠️

Just now, Kanna said:

oh, but how will I get correct dimensions for the case?

Bonus of the cover project. They are all correct size and will mention what paper format if it isn't just printable on A4.

If you have your own scan simple as go into a image editing software, put the measurement units on millimiters and make the canvas the size of the box. Then just put the cover in it and resize as needed. Then you just go and right click the saved image and hit print turn off fit to paper and watch it go.

On 7/5/2021 at 8:17 PM, jaslion said:

Bonus of the cover project. They are all correct size and will mention what paper format if it isn't just printable on A4.

If you have your own scan simple as go into a image editing software, put the measurement units on millimiters and make the canvas the size of the box. Then just put the cover in it and resize as needed. Then you just go and right click the saved image and hit print turn off fit to paper and watch it go.

okay so I printed the cover and something went horribly wrong first of the windows image viewer had issues printing out at first and when it did I got this from the printer didn't even fit in a case 20210707_223828.jpg

I must have done something wrong

Reminder⚠️

On 7/10/2021 at 5:35 PM, Kanna said:

okay so I printed the cover and something went horribly wrong first of the windows image viewer had issues printing out at first and when it did I got this from the printer didn't even fit in a case 20210707_223828.jpg

I must have done something wrong

That looks like you printed on the BACK of the photo paper.

This paper has a PRINTABLE FRONT but NOT PRINTABLE BACK. Very important to distinguish them.

Is this paper compatible with your printer as in made for inkjet or laser printers?

8 hours ago, jaslion said:

That looks like you printed on the BACK of the photo paper.

This paper has a PRINTABLE FRONT but NOT PRINTABLE BACK. Very important to distinguish them.

Is this paper compatible with your printer as in made for inkjet or laser printers?

I don't know what it is for, I put the paper with the glossy facing up (probably my mistake) but wouldn't it look worse if it blurted all that ink on the glossy side?

Reminder⚠️

On 7/12/2021 at 7:03 PM, Kanna said:

I don't know what it is for, I put the paper with the glossy facing up (probably my mistake) but wouldn't it look worse if it blurted all that ink on the glossy side?

No that is the point of the paper. It's made to be printed on the actually glossy side if this is gloss photo paper.

2 hours ago, jaslion said:

No that is the point of the paper. It's made to be printed on the actually glossy side if this is gloss photo paper.

Yeah but how can I assure it's the right side next time and that it's the correct size?

Reminder⚠️

12 hours ago, Kanna said:

Yeah but how can I assure it's the right side next time and that it's the correct size?

For the side issue, read the printer manual. It will tell you how to load the paper. 

For the size issue, use the preview in the editing app a do see what size it is set to print. 

13 hours ago, Kanna said:

Read your manual or if unsure just put a blank piece of paper in and mark it one side then print a blank piece of paper and see how it comes out of the printer. You want the marking to come out on top.